Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,311   Online: 886

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    Cornelius... does the v600 scan 4x5 and 5x7 negatives?
    Epson only provides negative holders for slides, 120 sized film (large enough to do the whole cut strip as I mentioned), and 35mm. The scanner bed scans up to 8 1/2" x 11 5/8" with film holders removed, and this is where I was mentioning it would be easy enough to cut a mat board to the negative size you need. You just need anything roughly the width of the film holders, which looks about mat width sized...

I haven't specifically tried it yet but I will be soon, and I don't see why it would NOT work. I'll repost after I do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Okay, so...here's the thing.

I print, too. I really want to get started again, but I don't have time to make the contact sheets. I plan to scan the negatives as a way to look at contact sheets and print them the old fashioned way. I also want to be able to quickly upload photos regardless of whether they've been printed or not because, with two kids, who the hell knows when I'm going to get around to getting into the darkroom to do it. I appreciate that this isn't something we want to deal with here, but if we didn't have scanners, we wouldn't see each others photos at all.

It isn't like I'm going to use the thing to scan and then print, on a printer, my images. I'll be scanning my negatives, shot on real film, and my prints, printed on real paper.

Also, this is a WANT TO BUY AD. If anyone actually has any objection to me asking to buy something, tell everyone else selling anything remotely related to digital to stop selling it.

Maybe I should just give up.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do check the Hybrid site, I finally did and now I have an Epson 4990 scanner and a Epson 1900 printer that's on the way. I got a tip about the Epson Refurb store and a 4990 came up one day and I ordered it. It will scan 8x10 and everything on down and has an insert for prints as well as the holders. $279. Or you can look on eBay but how well do they pack? Epson has free shipping on all items. Packed in original boxes and put on your doorstep. This scanner is worth waiting for. Check over on the Hybrid site and ask there if anyone has a used scanner.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This really is off topic, and since you haven't found a scanner as a classified here, you may have better luck over at HybridPhoto. So, I'm going to close this... if someone has a scanner to sell then they will see your interest here in any case.

http://www.hybridphoto.com/forums/home.php
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 03-11-2010 at 07:19 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added link

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin