Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,168   Online: 828

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the shutters on the two lense are about the same diameter. Hey if it doesn't fit you'll just have to get a Walker Titan XL 45

Another thing is that your flange-focal-length is 97.4mm, so that Nikkor is slightly recessed (7.4mm) in the shutter already. Measure you camera from lensboard opening to ground glass (with a ruler through the lens opening on your lensboard) and see if it will squeeze down to 97mm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have the Nikkor-SW 90mm f8, which is a bit smaller than your lens, but also in a Copal 0. It's a tight fit inside the smallish bellows of the GV-II and you won't be able to get much movement. It's a shame when you have a lens that can cover 5x7.

My GV-II came with the Optar 90mm f6.8 in a recessed board. It's a quite respectable lens although won't cover much more than 4x5 so movements end up a bit limited. I've also used a 90mm f6.8 Angulon, which is little different from the Optar.

I think I have a spare recessed board, but I believe it's drilled for a Copal 1. I'll check later.

Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey Illumiquest, that's a pretty big lens. And shooting that wide you can gurantee the rails are going to consume the bottom third of your negative.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dearest friends, please meet the Walker Titan XL 45.

I measured my camera. I need a 4" x 4" board. The camera is 8 cm from board to ground glass fully collapsed. Looks like I need a recessed one. SK Grimes does not appear to have graphic recessed boards...at least online they don't. I'm assuming copal 0 is 34.7mm (35mm?).
    Last edited by jameswilliamjones; 03-19-2010 at 10:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Recessed board?

I have a 4" x 4" board that is recessed 1.25" with a Copal 0 (35mm) opening:

$30 shipped (48-US)
    John "Alpha Flying Monkey" Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    John,

Literally minutes before your post I purchased one from KEH. I think I might need a 32mm. Let me see if that fits and if it doesn't I'll get back to you on this one.

Thanks for the offer!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Okay- It's sitting in the cabinet... waiting, abandoned, unused, forlorn, lonely, bereft.
    John "Alpha Flying Monkey" Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That Walker is nice but the camera you may want to match your new lens is this one (the XL Wide):

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That's nice. I want one. Let me check my bank account.

Yep! Still empty.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The lens board from KEH is going to work. Getting to the controls on the shutter is tough. I have to use a pen to adjust the aperture and am waiting for a 90 degree release cable. The important thing, mobility of the front standard, is still good. Looks like it's gonna be a good summer with this camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin