Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,404   Online: 997

Shooter
    35mm

WTB: Schneider 80mm f2.8 Xenotar in Shutter

Looks like this - just dont want to buy a Century Graphic to get it...

Century Graphic with Schenider Kreuznach 80/2.8 Xenotar on eBay

Would need it in a shutter too

Please send me a PM if you happen to have one. I plan on using it on my Mamiya Super 23 with the bellows extended to get enough flange to film distance to focus to infinity.

Thanks!
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The 80mm Xenotar is a nice lens, but why not use a proper Mamiya lens so you can use the rangefinder? The 100mm f2.8 is a planar design and excellent by reputation.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Reason #1 - Doing things that aren't "proper" make life interesting
    Reason #2 - It's fun!
    Reason #3 - Non corrected older lenses make for interesting IQ in photographs
    Reason #4 - I have extra focusing helicals and enjoy tinkering with cameras
    Reason #5 - Why the hell not?

All kidding aside, I have a nice Super 23 that needs new VF elements, I have a Universal with issues in the mail that I will be extracting the elements to use in my Super 23. I will then "flat top" the Universal and install dual hand grips, a cold shoe for a frame finder or optical VF, and multi axis levels to create a small profile, scale or ground glass focused 6X9 camera. A wide angle lens for 6X9 would be optimal and I have a 65mm (28mm on 135 film) already and would love to find a wider lens but funds will drive that purchase. Fun for me to build and functional. I am thinking about using a 128mm lens off of a Kodak Senior Six-16, would probably give a nice older look to the photos. I have already installed and tested a Voigtlander 105mm f4.5 Vaskar in Prontor-S and it worked beautifully.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Reason #2 - It's fun!

I'm all for it.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin