Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,443   Online: 1021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    probably some Ektamatic paper around somewhere
    pretty nice SW paper but most will be uselessly fogged now
    I actually have 5x7 boxes of 1999 Ektamatic that are still good but 11x14 that is toast

Images
    Slavich is an excellent paper, and the single weight handles very nicely.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Maris, thank you for your advice and information. It sounds really intresting.. What about the final result of this technique? Probaply the plastis lose its crusial funktions like to keep the emulsion from the air polution and other hasordous things. However it sound that it is worth to test. Thanks again..
    Afzelius

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Afselius View Post
    Maris, thank you for your advice and information. It sounds really intresting.. What about the final result of this technique? Probaply the plastis lose its crusial funktions like to keep the emulsion from the air polution and other hasordous things. However it sound that it is worth to test. Thanks again..
    No problems with the plastic! The plastic layers in RC paper are under the photographic emulsion not on top of it. If there was a plastic layer on top the developer/stop/fixer could not get through to the emulsion in the first place.

Your concern about contamination is well placed. An emulsion peel is very thin and using bad glue will result in the picture being attacked from behind. I use neutral archival wheat starch paste to tip the photograph onto an acid free book page. Alternatively I use archival dry-mounting tissue to fix an emulsion peel onto a variety of substrates. The layer of melted dry-mount under the photograph acts as a barrier against contamination from the back.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks again for instruction, Maris..
    Afzelius

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ADOX MCC-110 is somewhat thin compared to ILFORD.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a bunch of single weight fiber paper - it's older, graded paper, not VC. Contact me if you like; I'm in the middle of USA so cost of shipping might be too much to do you any good.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Seagull used to make a single weight paper.
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just saw the Adox MCC tech sheet (inside the package) lists a SW paper?? Not available anywhere that I've seen though. I do miss my Polyfiber SW proofsheets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin