Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,468   Online: 974

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Single Weight fiber paper

Hi, I am looking for Single Weight fiber paper, older or new, 24x30cm in size. It would be much easier if anyone from EU can sell due to no custom duty and additional taxes. The trade name of the paper is not so importent.
    Regards,
    Affan
    Last edited by Afselius; 03-30-2010 at 06:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Afzelius

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    does slavich sell single weight paper still ?
    if so, they might be the ONLY ones that make it...
    Last edited by jnanian; 03-30-2010 at 06:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Sorry, I have no idea!..
    Last edited by Afselius; 03-30-2010 at 07:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Afzelius

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    not sure

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slavich still makes single weight paper. Freestyle has it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

single weight/slavich

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Slavich still makes single weight paper. Freestyle has it.
    Is it fiber based?
    Afzelius

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slavich still makes single weight graded fiber base paper, but not variable contrast.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about Fomabrom, not strictly single weight, but thinner than double weight?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Well!?.. Once I worked with it of Ilford... And I consider it is more suitable for portfolio work..
    Afzelius

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you need really thin photographs on fibre base the easiest way is to make them on RC photographic paper and then do "emulsion stripping". RC paper can be split, starting at a corner or edge, and the picture can be peeled off. The "peel" is just the emulsion and a very thin layer of fibre base material.

I use this technique when mounting photographs on book pages which would otherwise become too thick and too stiff. Emulsion peeling needs some practice to do it consistently and it is much easier if you work with small photographs.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin