Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,879   Online: 1034

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

WTB M42 Zoom lens

Need an M42 slr mount medium range zoom wide angle to moderate telephoto, preferably Pentax or Fujica but will consider others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a like new 80-200mm f/4.5 Kotaishi 'one touch' macro zoom, comes with a soft pouch. Kotaishi is a supplier to a few different brand name companies, glass is very clean, no marks or fungus, no marks on the barrel.
    I'll take $40 plus shipping and insurance
    I dont take paypal, so its cash or USPS money order
    Let me know if you are interested
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zoom 001.jpg   zoom 002.jpg  
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    I have a like new 80-200mm f/4.5 Kotaishi 'one touch' macro zoom, comes with a soft pouch. Kotaishi is a supplier to a few different brand name companies, glass is very clean, no marks or fungus, no marks on the barrel.
    I'll take $40 plus shipping and insurance
    I dont take paypal, so its cash or USPS money order
    Let me know if you are interested
    Thanks but the range I need is more like 28-80 or a bit more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You won't find that in an M42 from Pentax or Fujica. You could find one from Tamron in Adaptall mount; I don't know if any fixed-mount zooms were made in that focal length range.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a "Bell & Howell 28-50mm zoom lens 1:3.5-4.5 which you can have for the cost of postage from England. I don't know what happens about customs and duty at your end. If you are interested PM me.

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    28-80s are VERY difficult to find. By the time the optics had evolved to the point such lenses became affordable, screw mounts were a thing of the past.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right now, KEH has a Tamron 28-80 Adaptall zoom for $23. You'll need to purchase an adapter for it.
    www.keh.com Go to 35mm and then to Tamron Adaptall lenses.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Vivitar Series 1 35-85 is available in M42 mount. It's big and heavy, and it's not a true zoom. It's a variable focus lens -- you must refocus the lens as you zoom. In use, it works just like a zoom.

It has a maximum aperture of f/2.8 through its zoom range, which explains why it's so big and heavy. To achieve this maximum aperture required a very large front element at the time it was available in the 1970s.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook Hill View Post
    I have a "Bell & Howell 28-50mm zoom lens 1:3.5-4.5 which you can have for the cost of postage from England. I don't know what happens about customs and duty at your end. If you are interested PM me.

Tony
    How much would postage be to Zip 92677, USA? Is the lens in good shape. i.e. worth shipping? Thanks for your message and I appreciate your generosity!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The lens looks very clean, still in its original box which is also undamaged, in fact the lens looks hardly used. Looking at the rates, the cost of postage appears to be in the range of £5 to £9 (aprox. $13 to $7) but this depends on final package weight and if they classify it as a small package. The dearer rate is airmail, min. 5 days, and the cheaper rate for sea which will take a min. of 56 days. If this is acceptable I can pack it up and get it off to you but let me know whether you want airmail or sea/land mail.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin