Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,304   Online: 893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
    I would be interested in a wooden folder. Please send some photos when you have a chance.

Thanks everyone.
    Lyle,

Is this regarding offer to sell my Wista?

Shooter
    35mm
    Well depends on condition and how much. I'm not real familiar with the Wista, but would be interested in taking a look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 210mm and 105mm lens if you're interested in a couple of sharp lenses. The 105mm is a Nikon W f5.6 and the 210mm is a Rodenstock Sironar-N f5.6. Both are mint, glass is perfect as is the shutter. I'd sell them both for $500. I know you're more into the camera right now, but these two lenses are awesome...too bad I also sold my wista that was with them along with a bunch of backs, film, etc. etc.

PM me and let me know.

Shooter
    35mm
    jordanstarr:

Thanks for the offer. I may be interested, have to wait and see how much I spend on the camera. Have a couple of lens bids in on eBay that will be ending soon, so have to wait to find out the results on those too.

Do these come mounted on a Wista board? I assume they do include the mounting flange.

I'll definitely keep these in mind, particularly interested in the 105mm, would be able to hold off on a 90mm that I was considering.

Thanks, I'll wait until I find out more about what camera I get, and what kind of deal that entails. Will let you know.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'd keep looking for a Super Graphic. I have one, and bought it here with a working coupled rangefinder for $250. The rangefinder can be very useful when using a roll-film back or a Grafmatic. The revolving back is a very big deal to me as well.

My other cameras are a Sinar Norma monorail (to use a short rail, bag bellows and a 90mm Nikkor SW f/8-- which is a really superb set up), and a couple of vintage Meridians which are folding technical cameras having back moves as well as front moves.

The Wollensak Optar 135mm (Raptar) likely to come mated to many press cameras including the Graphic/Super Graphic can be a very fine lens indeed. On 4x5 at f/22 and used straight on without movements, it's probably sharper on center than just about everything more modern that has a larger image circle. (Being that I also have a couple or three cameras with back moves, I might be seeing more utility in these Wollys than someone whose cameras only have front standard swing and tilt.) Used with a 6x9 roll film back, these really shine with plenty of image circle for moves; corner sharpness is not much of an issue then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up an Omega 45F rail camera to get my feet wet. I paid $35.00 for it and will get a $45.00 DIY bellows kit to replace the bellows. Then there is the real expense - Lenses - but I found two real good deals so far here on Apug.

I will lug it around some but hey, it will keep me in shape hauling it and being careful right? I will be looking for a Field Camera at some point but prices on ebay are nuts! I can wait, bide my time I suppose. I think, from the way everyone here has been helpful that I will get a better camera at a better price by putting an ad on WTB here.

I need to get my membership upgraded to do that and it won't be long before that happens. I took Colin's suggestion and found a copy of Using the View Camera by Steve Simmons and look forward to wrapping my head around that one soon. School will be out in a month but then I'm taking a photo summer class after that. Kind of long in the tooth to be a freshman in an AFA photography program, but what the heck, I'm having fun with it. I may never make money at it, but my passion is in film and developing and printing at home.

Good luck in your pursuit of a field camera too.
    Tim Flynn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin