Looking for a nice old Gundlach lens, I have never owned one but after seeing some of the very beautiful shots that Jim Galli has posted and since I own and almost finished restoring a 4X5 Gundlach Flatbed I would like to try one out.

If there was someone that would like to let me try one, that would be really cool, but don't expect it. I would really like one that produces a nice soft focus effect so I can do some portraits. My aging father is coming up to Alaska from Florida in early June and am not sure how many years he has left. Without going into any specifics for personal reason he is terminally ill, and while his health is continuing to hold this could very well be my last visit with him while he is in relatively "good" health. This is not in any way meant to probe for a pity party but just express my reasoning for wanting to try one out, all of my current lenses are super sharp and while that is normally what I want (who doesn't) a soft focus effect could really provide beneficial to his look on the resulting photographs.

I have some money available for a lens purchase, I was mostly looking for an all around 135mm but would be happy to wait on that purchase to find a lens that would suit this need.

Thanks for any offers or pointers towards a suitable lens.