Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,717   Online: 787

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

WTB: Polaroid Camera

After picking up a Polaroid 450 earlier in the year, my wife developed an interest in Polaroid cameras. I want to foster this interest in film as much as possible.

The 450 is a bit bulky and cumbersome for her. I'm not terribly familiar with Polaroid cameras but am interested in more compact options. While we have a bunch of pack film, I'm open to buying 600/SX70 film (or converting an SX70 to 600). Control over focus is important to her - scale focus isn't really an option.

We're looking for a user camera - cosmetics aren't really important. If you have a camera I might be interested in sitting around, please send me a message with info and an offering price. I can only get away with this if the asking price is low as she wouldn't go along with an expensive purchase.

Thank you!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Are you still looking?

Mic

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Have you thought about the konica instant press? I'm selling one.
    THanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't think you're going to find a camera much more compact than the folding land cameras (250, 350, 450, etc.). The image size is so big that you need some length to cover it. I think the pack film options can be summarized as:

The numbered land cameras
    Mamiya Universal/Polaroid 600
    Konica instant press (I'd love to have one, but too much $$$)
    Medium Format SLR with instant back (RZ68, Bronica SQ)
    Other press cameras/view cameras with instant back

What about a Holga with an instant back?
    http://www.adorama.com/CZHPB.html

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks for the offer Mic but I think she'd kill me if I bought one of those for her - great camera but it blows our budget totally out of the water. I think the Holga/instant back camera may be the closest fit to what she's want.

At this point, I think I'm going to shift focus to her TLR interest. She liked my Rollei and was interested in something similar. Maybe that would be a good way to keep her film interest growing instead.

Thanks all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    brian,

I have (2) 600-series cameras(the 635CL model). You can have them both for $10+shipping if you want

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a Square Shooter 2, I haven't had a chance to test it, but if you could see it going to any use PM me and its all yours if you cover shipping.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin