Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,660   Online: 955

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

WTB: Eastman whole-plate holders

I recently picked up an Eastman View #2 whole-plate camera that did not have any holders. I'm looking to purchase a couple film or plate holders for it. I want to modify one for wetplate use, so any condition would probably work for that project. Please contact me if you have any for sale or trade. Thanks.

Joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have Eastmans in two widths. What size do you need? Also have the bookform back and plate holders that will be going up for sale shortly.
    Cheers,
    Richard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The width I need for the Eastman #2 view is 7 3/4" wide.

Are the bookform back and plate holders whole-plate and a different size than the other holders?

Joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yeah, I've got some that size. I will probably have 1 or 2 to sell that I don't need.

The bookform back is 255mm along each side. The holders have a tab on each side to slide them into the back and then the back locks them in, so they are not congruent objects with regular holders. It's a pretty clever system. The holders each have manufacturer-placed numbers. The back has clipped corners and the nickel hardware is made to fit around clipped corners. Very interesting stuff.

Depending on your target camera, the easiest way (in my mind) would be to make a frame that fits your camera and holds other backs, including the bookform plate back. That's how the 4x5 was added to this camera by B&J in the 60's.

Cheers,
    Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin