Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,738   Posts: 1,515,530   Online: 1087

Shooter
    35mm

Want High End 35mm Point and Shoot

Hello all,
    I recently had a house fire and lost all of my cameras (except for my digital stuff which was in a Pelican case and was saved from the smoke, soot and water damage that destroyed my film camera collection). I'm looking to pick up some new ones and while I can't replace them all I am picking some all-time favorites and some from my wish list to jumpstart a new collection. That being said, I'm looking for one of the following (in order of priority):

• Leica Minilux
    • Contax T2
    • Nikon 35Ti
    • Ricoh GR

The camera doesn't have to be perfect, but should work correctly. I don't need boxes, user manuals, cases, etc. but if you've got them, I'll be glad to take them, too. I should probably note that due to my budget and the fact that most of my cameras weren't covered under my renter's insurance, I can only afford to spend about $250.

I'm taking a trip next week and would like to have it before then if possible.

Please PM or email (matthewjmorse@gmail.com) with your item (condition, what's included, etc.) and price with shipping and PayPal fees to zip code 29414.

Thanks so much!

Matthew

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why the Minilux first...I've used one and it was horrible. Either way I will PM you a member who offered me one the other day.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The YASHICA T-4, a Contax clone, is one you might also put on you list.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    PM Sent - Leica Mini3 offered $75 shipped

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    Why the Minilux first...I've used one and it was horrible. Either way I will PM you a member who offered me one the other day.
    Honestly, I like the idea of the Minilux because it's a good bit less expensive (typically) than the Contax T2. I know that my budget is a stretch for a nice T2, but the Minilux should fit in there no problem.

Any reason why you hated your Minilux?

I got your PM and have PMed the user for the camera. Thanks for your reply.

Best,
    Matthew

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    The YASHICA T-4, a Contax clone, is one you might also put on you list.
    I do like the T-4. A good friend has one. Typically, they are priced about the same as the Minilux, which has a slightly faster lens (not that it really matters much) and better build quality.

I think I'll add the T-4 Super to my list of cameras. Maybe I can get them both and really start rebuilding my collection right.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The finder is super tiny and has no frame lines, readout or any communication as to where it has focused.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah. Yeah. I read that about the minilux. I'll try one out and if it doesn't work out Im sure I can sell it easily. Ive used an Olympus AF mini and T4 (a friends) and they're similar as ar as no information or focus confirmation or anything. Well see what haopens. Thanks for your input.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin