Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,904   Online: 1098

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Mamiya Press items, esp. GG back, 6x9 backs, and 250 lens

Just took a nice five-day trip, and was really reacquainted with my Mamiya Press Super 23, which I had not used in some time. Boy, what a great camera system. Almost perfect for landscape use, and the lenses are great.

However, a close call with my ground glass that resulted in a big scratch on the ground side really reinforced my desire for a backup GG to have with on trips in case of an accident.

I also would like at least two more 6x9 backs (the more the merrier), and the adapter that allows mounting rollfilm backs onto a Universal body.

I am not really interested in 6x7 backs, but I may want them if they are dirt cheap.

I would also love a copy of the slower of the two 250mm lenses, the f/8 version.

I may be interested in the 65mm lens for the right price.

I could use a copy of the 90mm lens for those occasions in which the 100mm is JUST BARELY too tight. (Oddly enough, I ran into a few of these situations on my trip.) I have the 90, but the shutter is busted, so I could also use a parts shutter if not the whole assembly.

One more thing: I would also love to have as many as possible of the proper Mamiya 6x9 sheet film holders that fit the GG back. I think I might like using this camera even more if I did not have to pull off the GG and put the film back on for each shot.

A discussion with Jim Galli just piqued my interest in the 100mm f/2.8 lens as well. I don't need one, but I sure am interested, considering that I think the f/3.5 is stellar, but the 2.8 is supposedly even better. However, the other items I mentioned come first, as I already have a 100mm.

If anyone has any of this stuff, or anything else for the system, drop me a line.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-26-2010 at 06:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin