Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,554   Posts: 1,573,148   Online: 832

Thread: Keiv 6x6 system

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Keiv 6x6 system

I know a lot of you guys have upgraded and have a Keiv 6x6 (Hasselblad copy) kicking around that hasn't been used in ages. Well, I have a friend that is working on a farm all summer and at the end of it all, wants to get a film medium format camera. I sold him on the idea after a day of walking around with my Hasselblad, developing the film and scanning the results. He's sold and wants to come join the film club. Anyone have a system to help him start out? He likes the Hasselblads, but would prefer a cheaper Keiv to start out with. He likes the WLF perspective, so we're aiming for that. Let me know what you have and a price with shipping to Canada.

Thanks...
    Jordan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Might help if you put WTB in the title, I had to get halfway through before I discovered you wanted to buy one !!!!!!! Recent Classifieds on the left bar don;t show it's posted in the wanted section.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just bought a Kiev 60 MLU version with a waist level finder from Yuriy Davidenko who styles himself as DVD Technik on Ebay. The first camera he sent had a minor problem so he replaced it with perfect one, no questions asked. He is a good dealer.

The Kiev 60 MLU+WLF looks like new/old stock that has had the MLU function added after it left the Zavod Arsenal factory in the Ukraine. These cameras represent a opportunity to get into the extraordinary and cheap lenses from the old Soviet bloc.

At about $200 for a 6x6 SLR with a focal plane shutter I think I did well!
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You might consider what I did in the same situation and buy a Mamiya C330. Much cheaper than a Hasselblad but I think more reliable than a russian camera. My guess, anyway. The image quality can be stunning, the lenses are very good. The body is bigger than a hasselblad but there's no mirror flipping up (so better for portraits) and the lenses are much smaller so all in all it's a compact enough unit. Also has bellows so no tubes are needed.

Just a thought.
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin