Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,710   Online: 1057

Shooter
    35mm

WTB: Bolex M8 Projector for 8mm (regular 8mm)

Looking for a plain jane Bolex M8 projector, there are many models but I am looking for the original M8, for projecting "regular 8" 8mm film that is actually double 8mm that is shot, flipped in the camera, shot again, and then split after development and spliced before being returned to the owner by the lab.

Here is a link to the exact model I am looking for from the Bolex Collector site: http://www.bolexcollector.com/projectors/m8.html

Please PM if you have one in your garage or closet collecting dust. I would love to pick one of these up. I just got outbid on the auction site by $1! I hate that auction site for that reason...

Thanks!
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They came in a wrinkle finish and a glossy finish. The glossy ones are newer, but inside they are similar. There is a single drive belt inside. Also, these were not made with ball bearings. The bearings need to be lubricated with each use. Consequently they may be frozen up from the oil getting hard. I got mine cheap because it was frozen up from gummed oil. After some cleaning it has worked fine for 8 years.

I have been using Singer® sewing machine oil with mine.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just picked up a Bolex M8 on the auction site in working condition for $65 so I am set! My digital camcorder records in 30p fps so I should be able to make a digital copy of my 8mm films without any flicker...
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin