Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,796   Online: 952

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    cosina 19-35 :-)
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll second the Kiron 28mm f/2; I have one for my MD Minolta system and it's quite good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikon AF 35 mm f 2.0 my choice
    Regards
    Matias

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think it comes down to which FL you find preferable. A 35mm is more a normal lens to me, and I never quite took to a 24mm for some reason. But I do like the 28mm fov, although I can't afford the F2 model which from what I hear is a much better lens then the F2.8.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Tamron 19-35mm is an exceptionally good cheap ultrawide if you can get your hands on one. I've had two of them and had excellent luck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kuyman View Post
    The Tamron 19-35mm is an exceptionally good cheap ultrawide if you can get your hands on one. I've had two of them and had excellent luck.
    Ultrawide, eh? That's extremely tempting. What size filter would it take? 77mm?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kuyman View Post
    I agree for ultrawide zoom this Tamron is a decent performer. Open wide there is noticeable light fall off but most people can live with that.

oh and filter size is 77mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find that 24mm is pretty hard to control handheld if you care about relatively sane backgrounds of buildings and such on your street shots. The lines get pretty seriously weird if you are not pretty level. For me 28mm is as wide as I want to go handheld. I have the 28mm AI-S and it is fabulous... but it is manual focus, if that matters to you. I previously had the 35mm f/2D and found it great in the middle but slightly soft in the corners on full frame. If you are mainly shooting things that show up in the 70 percent middle area of the frame, it is a totally fabulous lens. Has a very good look to it in b&w especially, unlike the very bland 50mm f/1.8D (which I still have), which looks very ordinary, but sharp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are better off with an AF Nikkor on the F5, they can be modified to take the Ais lenses, but it's just as easy to get a newer one. The 28 2.8 or 35 F2 should be in your budget, and are both fine lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the F5 needs no modification for AIS lenses. Non-ai (original nikkors from the 50's to late 70's) need the mount to be modified either on the lens or on the F5 camera body.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin