Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,716   Online: 1165

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohblah View Post
    If I were you, I would get the Nikkor AF-D 24mm f/2.8. It's $265 for EX condition on KEH, lightweight, will autofocus with your F5, and 24mm tends to offend fewer people than 20mm, so it's likely that you will like it as well. But of course it's your choice.
    If a good zoom is not on you list, you should buy the 24 mm lens before the 20 mm lens. The 20 mm lens is more specialized ==> example making an object in the foreground dominant. The 24 mm lens is, at least for me, more useful ===> street photography, traveling and removing power lines from the composition of an architectural photograph of a building.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Focal length choice is up to your own personal tastes.

All I can say is, DON'T get off-brand lenses. It'd be like putting bald tires on a Porsche...what's the point, really.

Quality Nikkor optics are available so inexpensively these days - no reason you can't fit your budget AND get top results together. Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    All I can say is, DON'T get off-brand lenses. It'd be like putting bald tires on a Porsche...what's the point, really.
    Bald? Maybe, if the third-party lens is completely worn out and of no practical use.

I agree that in general, Nikkors are better but there are some specific third-party lenses that are not crazy to use at all.

Maybe by "bald" you meant "racing slicks"... and in that case, most of the time that would be bad but on a bare, dry road that would be amazing!
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    try some bald zeiss glass on your nikon f5, but first get some money...
    vive la resistance!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin