Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,666   Online: 1026

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

6x6 slide projector

Hello.

Does anyone know where I could get one of these and about how much they go for?

Thanks in advance,
    Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ... I had a Rollei 6 x 6 model years ago....sold it...but I still have a cheaper totally manual 6 x 6 Bell & Howell that works fine...I gave $25 IIRC...it may not be quite what the big name projectors are but it
    makes me drop my jaw when I use it to look ay my 6x6 transparencies...plentiful on the bay...not as common as 35 mm but they are still out there and go cheap
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i would love to get a 6x6 slide projector. any idea what the best type of screen to view is?

Shooter
    Large Format

Projection Screen

Quote Originally Posted by fbrinsley View Post
    i would love to get a 6x6 slide projector. any idea what the best type of screen to view is?
    For years I used a Dalite lenticular screen, not just because the projected image was really fine but mainly because of its much wider viewing angle that minimized the brightness drop-off for folks viewing from off to the side. I still have a 70x70-inch screen that adds WOW to the images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    For years I used a Dalite lenticular screen, not just because the projected image was really fine but mainly because of its much wider viewing angle that minimized the brightness drop-off for folks viewing from off to the side. I still have a 70x70-inch screen that adds WOW to the images.
    I have one also. They are great.

Alas, I only have a 35mm projector. A 6x6 and 4"x5" projectors would be nice.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I should add that my 35mm Ektagraphic AF-1 projector has the zoom lens which allows filling the 70x70-inch screen to its edges even with a reasonable projection distance. At one time I also had a Leitz Prado 6x6 projector (don't recall the lens focal length), and it required a fairly long projection distance to fill that screen, so had there been a zoom lens available for that projector it would have been a better choice. My point is that these factors should also be considered when seeking a 6x6 projector.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    Ektagraphic AF-1 projector has the zoom lens
    edit: AF-2 with 4-6" zoom lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a wonderful Rollei P11 projector for sale.
    I can even have it checked by a professional repairman before sale, but i am a little dubious if it must be shipped too far away.
    I live in Italy, and the projector is still in its original case, but i am afraid that shipping to the other side of the Atlantic would be quite expensive.
    Within EU the cost should be quite affordable, but i have to investigate about the cost of having it shipped to USA.

If you are interested, i originally purchased a Leitz 80mm projection lens, to be used with 35mm slides (the P11 is double format).
    If i remember it should be a Colorplan, but for some strange reason the are no inscriptions on the lens itself (the cap is marked Leitz).
    If you decide to use the P11 also for 35mm slides, a simple adaptor made out a machined teflon tube could be used, and the Leitz lens would be ready for the P11.

Probably you already know what a Rollei P11 is. As a reminder i write just two things:
    1) the P11 is the only affordable projector that uses a 500 watt lamp, so it is very powerful
    2) in my personal opinion, but i know that many others would agree, a well kept P11 is the second best choice for 6x6 slides, after the amazing (and outrageously expensive) Hasselblad

If you send me a PM, i will read it a soon as possible, but maybe i will not be able to access the forum before 16th August

have fun

CJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberjunkie View Post
    I have a wonderful Rollei P11 projector for sale.
    I can even have it checked by a professional repairman before sale, but i am a little dubious if it must be shipped too far away.
    I live in Italy, and the projector is still in its original case, but i am afraid that shipping to the other side of the Atlantic would be quite expensive.
    Within EU the cost should be quite affordable, but i have to investigate about the cost of having it shipped to USA.

If you are interested, i originally purchased a Leitz 80mm projection lens, to be used with 35mm slides (the P11 is double format).
    If i remember it should be a Colorplan, but for some strange reason the are no inscriptions on the lens itself (the cap is marked Leitz).
    If you decide to use the P11 also for 35mm slides, a simple adaptor made out a machined teflon tube could be used, and the Leitz lens would be ready for the P11.

Probably you already know what a Rollei P11 is. As a reminder i write just two things:
    1) the P11 is the only affordable projector that uses a 500 watt lamp, so it is very powerful
    2) in my personal opinion, but i know that many others would agree, a well kept P11 is the second best choice for 6x6 slides, after the amazing (and outrageously expensive) Hasselblad

If you send me a PM, i will read it a soon as possible, but maybe i will not be able to access the forum before 16th August

have fun

CJ
    Non subscriber ad
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin