Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,417   Online: 834

Thread: WTB Books

Shooter
    35mm

WTB Books

We are photograph conservators and have been building a library on the technical history of analog photography.

Our professional need was for in-depth, technical information on the wide variety of photographic processes encountered in a private practice. We have added the growing literature on photograph conservation and collected in the fields of technology, photo chemistry, criticism and history.

Over the years we have diligently searched out and purchased both individual items as well as collections, all with a focus on the technical history of traditional analog photography. Along the way, we acquired many monographs that helped us to expand our knowledge of individual artists as well as the histories and movements of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Although the monographs on individual artists were not the primary focus of our Library, there are now significant holdings of valued monographs on photographers from Richard Avedon to Edward Zerbe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you have a want list?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi thebetterimage and welcome to APUG. Are you going to run an an with specific books your look for?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wow it sounds like you have a very interesting conservatory. Do you have a website, physical address, and contact information?
    A list of items you are looking for or at least a list of items you allready have would be great!

Also, is there a way for people to check-out publications like a lybrary?
    Darin
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.thebetterimage.com/

"The mission of The Better Image® is to provide the highest level of conservation and preservation services for fine art and historic photographs to a diverse clientele while promoting the education of students, collectors and the general public in the theory, practice and art of photograph conservation."

No affiliation, just Google.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am a retired photographer and wish to sell off my extensive collection of photography books. Please let me know what you are looking for. I was active in professional photography for over 30 years so I have many photography books on all of the processes. Please contact: joebesse@aol.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I presume you have a slew of BJP annuals. They really do well to chronicle al sorts of things photographic for me back to the mid to late 1800's. I buy them whenever I can, and find one from a decade past I do not have.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin