Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,448   Online: 841

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Konical View Post
    Good Evening, Fotch,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I have some small machine bolts lying around somewhere and will do some experimenting tomorrow. I know I'll need something smaller than 8/32 or 6/32 with tapered, not straight, threading. My memory of working on the problem is from probably at least two or three years ago, but I'm fairly sure that the Beseler screws, just based on visual appearance, don't seem to be machine-bolt threaded; they look a lot like sheet metal screws, but apparently aren't quite the same--unless they're some non-standard size. No, I didn't force anything, so when I locate the proper fit, the holes in the enlarger should still be fine.

Konical
    According to the parts list they should be #4BT 1/4 for 45MXII. 3/8 for 45MXT . Self tapping screws. Some pictures here http://www.shamrockifc.com/screws.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    George has it right. I cross referenced it against the 23C Manual since the lens board area is identical.
    The manual states the following:
    • Screw Tapp - #4BTx3/8" Long Pan Phillips
    • Part/Cat. No. 538-13-12-31 (only useful if ordering from Beseler)

If the hardware store does not have it, then try Beseler. Or maybe someone is scrapping one and can scavenger the part. Or, if you have a friend that is handy with metal working, they could tap it for a regular machine thread.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Images
    Good Morning,

Thanks to all who responded; the specifics cited by Christopher, Fotch, and George are especially helpful.
    I checked the screw earlier this morning; now that I'm not relying on my questionable memory, I note that what I need are apparently 6/32 x 1/4 machine screws. I'll try Lowe's and/or Home Depot later today. If I have no luck, there's always the mail-order alternative with some small-parts supplier.

In over three decades of using my 45 MCR-X, i've lost only the one screw, so getting two or three should be a permanent solution.

Konical

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin