Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,322   Online: 1144

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB - screws for Beseler 45

Hello,

I have misplaced the screws for my Beseler 45. I need all the screws that hold the carriage to the baseboard, and the struts to both the baseboard and the carriage.

If you have a parts enlarger sitting around, please contact me.

Thanks.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They're standard thread your local hardware store should cover you.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you. I am looking for a parts enlarger specifically so I do not have to do that.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have that new (for me) 57MB. It's at work, Keith. If you like, on Monday, I can see if I have anything at work and then ship the screws to you. I would think they would be the same. Don't know for sure, but they're just, what, 1/4-20 x 3/4" round head slotted machine screws, right?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, that's pretty much it Chris. Very common.

Images
    Good Afternoon,

Thanks, 2F/2F, for posting the question; it gives me an opportunity to expand the thread a bit to ask something I've wondered about for a long time.

The Beseler 45 has a small chrome strip which holds in place the lens board. That strip is anchored by two very small screws, one of which I've been missing for many years. I purchased a package of small sheet metal screws which looked to be the right size (#4, if I recall correctly), but the threading of sheet metal screws turned out not to be a match for the enlarger, and I couldn't use them.

Does anyone know the NAME for the type of screws Beseler uses for that application, or how the threading is properly identified? I'm sure that one of the small-parts companies previously mentioned in APUG threads can probably supply what I need, but I don't know what to ask for! I did check the Beseler site recently given by someone in the Forum, but the screws I need are not listed among available parts.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, hopefully, you did not try and screw sheet metal screws into machine thread holes, or, if you did, you stopped before you boogered up the threads. Now, go to your local hardware store and buy one each of the smaller size bolts, say 6/32, 8/32, etc., bring them home, and try them to see what fits. Then you know what the thread size is. Length? Get a couple of sizes and see which one does the job.

Maybe someone else will know the size and save you the trouble. I have lots of different sizes in my shop so it is easy to do. Beseler will be US not metric and that saves you lots of trial and error in finding out what you need.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Images
    Good Evening, Fotch,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I have some small machine bolts lying around somewhere and will do some experimenting tomorrow. I know I'll need something smaller than 8/32 or 6/32 with tapered, not straight, threading. My memory of working on the problem is from probably at least two or three years ago, but I'm fairly sure that the Beseler screws, just based on visual appearance, don't seem to be machine-bolt threaded; they look a lot like sheet metal screws, but apparently aren't quite the same--unless they're some non-standard size. No, I didn't force anything, so when I locate the proper fit, the holes in the enlarger should still be fine.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If they're tapered but not sheet metal, they likely are self-tapping. I'd pull the one you have out & take it to the hardware & let them tell you.
    If you look at the tip of the screw of the screw and it has a small notch in it, then it is a self tapper.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They are 6/32 (size/thread) x 1/4" (length) slotted round head machine screws.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin