Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,661   Online: 669

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Canon V3 flash bulb gun OR similar flash unit that uses old fashioned bulbs

Hey all,

I've always wanted to use flash bulbs on my Canon EF & AE-1P, or any of my cameras for that matter.

Some have doubted whether they made a purpose-built device for this, but indeed they did and it's called the Canon V3. I've included a picture. (Butkus site, Canon EF, Pt. 2, Pages 6-7)

I'd also be open to any other cold/hot shoe mounted flash guns (if a cold shoe, it obviously needs a PC connector). Whaddya got? Make me an offer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canon V3 Flash.JPG  
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Honeywell Tilt-a-Mite II

I have two things you might be interested in.

1st- Honeywell Tilt-A-Mite II. Pretty neat little flash. I believe it is a hot shoe, however if you want to put it on a side bracket, the top flips back and you can unplug the PC cable and plug into your camera. There is a button on the back that says "cube advance", so apparently it takes cubes.

2nd- Canon J-3, cold shoe with PC cable. a switch on the bottom lets you choose if you want to use "AG" bulbs or "PH" bulbs. There is one (1) bulb in the flash and a package of five (5) to go with it.

I really don't know what these things are worth, so make me an offer and remember I like camera stuff too.

PS-I did rotate these, but for some reason it didn't end up that way when uploaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C360_2010-08-12 18-59-49.jpg   C360_2010-08-12 19-00-15.jpg   C360_2010-08-12 19-00-48.jpg   C360_2010-08-12 19-01-04.jpg   C360_2010-08-12 18-58-41.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

further investigation

After trying to test these, it seems they both take the same battery of which I do not have a working one. However, did find a web site to purchase them.

http://www.batterymart.com/p-everead...l-battery.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin