Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,819   Online: 1165

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Decamired Filters or CC filters

Hi y'all.

In a perfect world I'd like a complete set of 55/58mm decamired filters. I would consider gel filters as well with the corresponding holder. And I'm not certain on the distinction exactly, but what about color compensation filters? What's the difference exactly?

Basically I'd just like to be able to make small adjustments in color... duh.

Let me know what you got!

Thanks,

Chris H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Decamired filters are easy to come by and cheap, they will modify color temperature only (i.e. warmer/cooler) CC filters come in the three primaries and three secondaries, and allow you to add or reduce a specific color, by using either a color (to add) or it's reciprocal (to reduce). A good example would be to offset the typical (older) flourescent green cast, use around 30CC magenta filtration to get a more realistic reproduction of colors.

Decide which you want before you jump (unless you want both)

A 55 or 58 to B50 adapter would allow you to use Hasselblad B50 Decamired filters (very inexpensive, a full set, 1.5, 3, 6, 12 of both warming and cooling, cost me ~$20)

CC filters are typically sold as gels, with 3x3 being the most common size, you would require a gel holder, adapter ring and a set of red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta of varying strengths. Gels, once commonplace have become very, very expensive lately, used prices seem to have risen or not, depending on buyers luck.

I still use both, depending on what I'm doing, even for the evil, non analog commercial work I do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the idea of both actually. A decamired set for carrying with me regularly and CC filters for critical/studio stuff.

Thanks for the info!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For decamired filters it looks like I'll have to go with Series VIII and the appropriate adapters; has anyone seen decamired filters in modern filter thread nomenclature or are series the only option?

I'd still be interested in a set of CC gels at least 2.5" square. Even if you just have some odds and ends, I'd be curious to know what you have.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Series may be your only option as they were very common in movie production.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    good to know, thanks Greg. Now to find the proper adapter....

still looking for CC filters !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    CC filters are typically sold as gels, with 3x3 being the most common size, you would require a gel holder, adapter ring and a set of red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta of varying strengths. Gels, once commonplace have become very, very expensive lately, used prices seem to have risen or not, depending on buyers luck.
    Can you give me an idea of the going price?

I have a set of 40 Kodak 3x3 CC gels, half never opened, the others in new condition. Also, 9 Kodak gel filter frames and a Tiffen 3x3 series 8 adapter.
    The M/Y/R/C gels are 025/05/10/20/30/40/50
    The B/G gels are 05/10/20/30/40/50

Before I put the set out for sale, I'd like an idea of a fair price to ask.

thanks
    Phil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't say Phil, but please let me know thru a PM once you figure out an asking price. It seems like a complete set and that's awesome, but I do have budget constraints as well. Hope we can work something out.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe a skewed data point, but I bought a box of ~150 gels, (about 90% unopened) full sets of CC, as well as the usual contrast control filters and a pile of 4" and 5" square gels for ~$70 total. As to the filter holder, no idea I use a pair of Nikon holders for 95% of my work, and some that I mounted to 4x4 card with my Sinar Shutter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bumpsky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin