Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,732   Online: 1027

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking to buy an MF SLR, preferably 6x6 or 6x4.5, or a 6x7 if the price is right. I'd be most interested in Mamiya 645, Bronica ETRS/SQ/S2 series, Kowa 6, etc etc. To a lesser extent, I'd also be interested in things from Russia.

Preferably in a complete kit with lens, 120 back (if any), and WLF/prism. Must be in working condition, I couldn't care less about cosmetics but it must be a shooter.

Seller must also be willing to ship to me in Malaysia, via airmail with tracking. Sadly, my budget isn't much, $200 shipped would be stretching it.

Send me a PM and lets see if we can work something out.

-Dani
    Last edited by altair; 08-23-2010 at 06:10 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typos

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also have several 35mm stuff for trade, if that's what it takes. The cream of the crop is a black Asahi Pentax KX black body and an Asahi Pentax K2 chrome body fresh back from a complete CLA. Also some M42 bodies (Fujica ST605 and ST701).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyone? I can pay via Paypal. I also have a 100% ebay feedback as 'daniirwan'

Shooter
    Medium Format

WTB Mfmt

Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    Anyone? I can pay via Paypal. I also have a 100% ebay feedback as 'daniirwan'
    Have you looked into the DDR cameras and derivatives? I have an old Pentacon six tl which is a great camera, got it and the zeiss lens for $220 on the auction site. They are a bit touchy, but at the price and the CZJ lenses are really good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, in fact someone is offering me a Zenith 80 (rebadged Salyut S) with Volna 3 80/2.8 and a Tair 300/4. Also another fella is offering a Pentacon 6 with the CZ Jena Flektogon 50/4.

Hmmm, decisions decisions...which one should I buy? I'm keen on the Zenith 80 because of the modular design and shape, plus it has interchangeable backs, but I'm not sure about lens availability..seems it has a strange mount. The P6, hmm...it's ok I guess, but I'm not a big fan of the shape and it's handling. But that Flek is to die for.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    Yes, in fact someone is offering me a Zenith 80 (rebadged Salyut S) with Volna 3 80/2.8 and a Tair 300/4. Also another fella is offering a Pentacon 6 with the CZ Jena Flektogon 50/4.

Hmmm, decisions decisions...which one should I buy? I'm keen on the Zenith 80 because of the modular design and shape, plus it has interchangeable backs, but I'm not sure about lens availability..seems it has a strange mount. The P6, hmm...it's ok I guess, but I'm not a big fan of the shape and it's handling. But that Flek is to die for.
    Once you get a suitable viewfinder/prism for the P6, You will find it very comfortable to use. I have a Kiev clone 6x6 hassy type, and it is not easy to use handheld compared to the P6

Look for the Kiev Camera forum site or the Pentacon six forum and you will get a lot of info:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    herb: Thanks for the input. I'll look up the Kievholic site, also the P6 site. Thanks again. By the way, I've sent you a PM with some questions.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Given a choice between East German and Soviet, I'd go with East German every time. They were built by Germans (albeit communist Germans), but the approach is German, and the quality of construction should be better.

The quality of construction of Soviet gear is too variable.

There are no guarantees, and I'm sure there are plenty of horror stories or success stories on each side, but if were my money, I'd go with the German camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks elekm, I value your input. I'll keep that in mind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can get a Mamiya 645 1000S or 645J for peanuts... good camera, nice lenses. Otherwise save for a SQ-A. Don't bother with the Kiev 88. They are so moody - not the camera for any images you want for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin