Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,641   Online: 866

Shooter
    Medium Format

WTB/ WTT a De Vere 504 645 negative mask set (just the plates with bevel edges)

First off sorry for the long post, I didn't intend it to be

I am looking for a generous sole on Apug that may have an extra 504 645 neg mask holder. I have some I am willing to trade, or I am willing to give a reasonable price for. Based on the exchange rate to the UK forget it! I cant pay 80-90 bucks for a mask, I will continue to use my 6x6 and mask it off with thin stock.

I have 3 6x6 masks, 3 4x5, 3 6x7, 2 6x9. I dont need but a single of each. I hate dealing with Flea by and the greedy ones selling there. How in the world can some one charge GBP 13.00 ($20.17) to ship a mask set, the thing only weighs 8oz or so. Postal profiteering on eBay has really put's me off. Now I did find on there buy it now GBP 41.99 ($64.98 usd) used plus GBP 4.99. The other there is still 3 days left but shipping is a rip off.

I know the world is Dog eat Dog but really, If one has ever seen a 504 mask it is a very simple design, actually it is kinds poor, if you ask me, the darn thing is upside down, the negatives just lay in a milled lip, the mask holds nothing. If you use air to blow off the negative it will fly away. Not to mention if you are trying to print curly film, it wont stay flat. Now you have to go to the glass plates and all kinds of dirt lives there, almost impossible to use IMO. If the masks had the bevels 180 degrees different, the mask would lay on top of the neg and hold it in place (pinch it flat) instead of gravity. I know it's off topic but either I am ignorant or it is a poor design. Sorry folks back to the OP

I have all of the other masks for my 504 in doubles and tipples, Even have an NIB 6X7. I look every day, every time I find one in 645 it has retarded shipping rates or the Buy it now price is simply put,"OUTRAGOUS!" They are always in the UK, or Canada, few in Aussie land.

I know 504 gear is top Shelf but if you have a 645 neg mask/holder (aluminum with beveled edges) for a 504 holder, please sell it to me or trade me fore a reasonable price. The masking of 6x6 is a pain in the you know what!

Also if someone who as a 645 set that is not willing to sell or trade one. Can you place it top and bottom on your scanner and send me some dimensions. I may take one of my 6x6 to a machine shop to be milled out. It would be nice to have an exact measurement for the machinist, time is money. I can use some layout dye and mark it all off.

Please dont respond with how dumb I am, I already know! Thanks for your time!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rare indeed not a single reply! Guess I will flea bay some of my extras and buy a over priced 645 neg mask

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin