Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,817   Online: 865

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bogen 3221 center column release lever

Somehow the release lever on the center column for my Bogen 3221 has gone missing. Anyone have an extra? Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I here in Canada deal with the thing branded as Manfrotto, but the same product. I have broken leg clamp clips a few times, and have been able to buy replacements; I am one spare ahead at the moment.

The center column release lever on mine is designed, by pushing and turning half a turn, to be removable. It has a little allen key in it , and when removed, can be used to take off the centre column extension, or tighten the head mount. If you get a replacement, be sure to stretch the little spring that keeps it popping iff inadvertently so it does not do this again.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bogen/Manfrotto doesn't have the part. It seemed to be poorly designed. The reply said they did have a trade in program, which doesn't help me get my perfectly good tripod functioning. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, look at this site..they show the 'new' part that replaced the one you lost and list the old part as not available.

Hope it helps.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you. I'm probably not going to attempt to fix it. I'll just use it without the center column.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin