Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,009   Posts: 1,524,614   Online: 1046

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB Cheap stainless 6' or 8' sink Chicago Area

I'm looking for a darkroom sink of at least 6 feet in the Chicago area (Due to shipping cost)

Thanks
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One important suggestion. Be patient. I found a 9 ft stainless sink on eBay in Dallas which was a 4 hour drive, however it was priced right and included an archival print washer, a Zone VI 5X7 enlarger with lenses, etc. After I bought this one. a six ft one turned up for free and was local. Both were on Craigslist. Keep looking, you will find what you need. Bill Barber

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I know I have seen them show up on craigslist around here from time to time.

There is even one in the APUG classifieds, if you don't mind a drive over to Livonia, MI:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...room-sink.html

I drove down to Kentucky to get my essentially-free Kreonite sink!

Duncan

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I second the "wait for it" approach - I saw 2 fibreglass sinks (Ottawa, Canada, and Niagara Falls, Canada) before I found one that I could use - a Delta 2x4 sink with all the fittings. It took about a year for one small enough to use to come up. (two different towns - but my parents live in one, I'm in the other - people selling sometimes don't mind holding on to things for a few weeks if you are travelling)

I did pay about 40% of retail price for my sink, but got lots of stuff thrown in for free - so in the end I think I got a really good deal.

fyi, I look in ottawa.kijiji.ca and a local used-ottawa.com site. Craigslist seems pretty slow here. Keep your eyes peeled, and look in different places.

JohnS.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These come up often in the Chicago area.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might try what I did and that was to check out a restaurant supply place that specializes in reclamation of equipment. I found a 16'x3' stainless dry table for $75 and two deep stainless sinks for $50 apiece and $30 to have the sinks cut and re-welded to bring them up to the depth I wanted. The sinks are in SS tables with drains and I had to do some modification to them to get them the way I wanted. You should have it better in your area because of a lot of restaurants either going under and closing or doing booming business and remodeling.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin