Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,403   Online: 734

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Bessa R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Bessa R

WTB: Bessa R in excellent operating condition. Will pay $200 to $300 depending on condition. Clean is good, but a little wear from use (not abuse) is fine. Silver would be fine, but I will pay $25 extra for black, and may consider olive or blue models as well, though they are probably more than I want to pay for this camera. I would like to have this camera in time for a winter trip that I will be taking.

I would possibly consider a Bessa M mount camera, if it is a good price and it includes the proper LTM adapter for 50mm lenses (Summar and Summitar), but it is the plain-ol' R that I am really after.

Thanks. Please PM me if you have one you are thinking about selling.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Have an all black Bessa R, barely used (mint), offering no lens, with the black camera case, will throw in a soft release for the shutter, believe I have the IM and original box. $325 plus postage sounds about right.
    jimsberg_04@cox.net.
    Last edited by jimsberg; 09-15-2010 at 05:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add "black"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bump

Still looking for a home for my Summitar and Summar! This camera would be cheaper than repairing my Leica.

They seem to be going for about $180 to $240 on E-Bay. Please e-mail me or PM me if you have something in line with these going prices.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    35mm

Has been sold.

You missed out on it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations!

Still looking...
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like I have found my camera. Delete this thread at will.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    35mm RF

Bessa R

My best friend has a Bessa R which I talked him into buying a couple years ago. I was trying to get him interested in photography. Anyway, he is not using the camera. Last time I checked the camera's meter read exactly the same as my Leica M6. Less than 10 rolls have been shot through the camera and he want to sell it. The one cosmetic defect in the camera was caused by me when I mounted it on a tripod causing a slight depression on the base. I was actually shocked at how little force made this slight depression. He has origianl box. Sale would proceed thru me. My e-bay user id is M6 with 100% feedback. I have sold items on this forum, photonet and rangefinder forum. Price $200,00 John Elder PS where do you live?

Shooter
    35mm
    The Bessa R was sold long ago!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera is great, for those who may be wondering about them. The fact that it simply works automatically makes it 100% better than my busted Leica. The viewfinder is excellent, the feel is great, and the build quality is good. Haven't bothered with a battery yet, and probably never will, so I have no idea about the meter. This has to be one of the best deals out there in a rangefinder camera.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't discount the meter on the Bessa. I have the R3A and R4A and (as others also report) the meters are pretty accurate. A couple of SR44 or LR44 batteries are all it takes and I usually change mine on my birthday. I've never had a battery failure in several years of ownership.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin