Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,591   Online: 944

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Inexpensive 35mm wide angle LTM lens

Recently, I came into possession of a really nifty Bessa R (thanks to APUG member Mark Fisher) with an Industar-50 3,5/50 lens that does a fantastic job of taking clear contrasty pictures. I am having fun with the camera but I would really like to see what it could do with a wide angle lens. I would like to find a good lens that won't break the bank, something like a Jupiter 12.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry, but a Jupiter 12 won't fit. The rear elements are too deep. The best bet seems to be a used Voigtlander 35mm f2.5 or a Canon 2.8. I got my Voigtlander for $225 like new. I think the Canon can be had for maybe $150. Glad you are enjoying the camera and the lens seems to work!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, I was wondering about the depth of the Jupiter 12 into the body of the Bessa. I have seen some that were marked for use with the Bessa but I wasn't sure, I am just looking for an inexpensive lens. A member has a Canon 28/3,5 LTM lens for sale at $200.00 is that good?
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Seems a bit high since I got a used Voigtlander for $225 from Cameraquest. The Voigtlander is probably a better lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got a LTM Voigtlander 25mm Color-Skopar with the plastic accessory viewfinder. It's not RF-coupled; it's scale focus (with hyperfocal markings, too). I've also got the adapter if you want to M-mount it (like on Bessa 2/3/4). Might be wider than you want, but if not, PM me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin