Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,347   Online: 780

Shooter
    35mm

WTB broken/cheap/free 35mm lens

I'm building a box camera and I want to incorporate a focusing mount. I might be able to use the focusing parts out of a 35mm lens, so I'm looking for a <$10, possibly broken 35mm lens that I could dissect.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    As I was looking for parts to fix my sink drain, I saw some 1.5in. black abs fittings that would work as a focusing mechanism. Might want to check them out.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a 35mm lens I can give you, but I do have a junk Olympus OM10 and M645Super bodies only. If you want the lens mount, I could potentially take one of them apart for you. I also have some junk enlarger lens if you want to adopt one for your project. Let me know if you are interested.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a couple of junk lenses which I have already taken apart to use just the helical focusing part (see my 6x12 camera link below).

You can have one for the cost of postage.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Have you already used the helical focusing part, or can they still be adapted to make a focusing mount?

Your camera looks very nice.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Would you be able to use zooms? i have quite a few junkers that I'd give away for postage.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've also got a stack of lenses which are complete but not worth selling, drop me a line if you're still looking.

Cheers

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    The best lens to use is 55mm 1.8 takumar. the lens block comes out from the front. and leaves you a nice focusing mech to pla with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    The best lens to use is 55mm 1.8 takumar. the lens block comes out from the front. and leaves you a nice focusing mech to pla with.
    I assume you have done this then. If so, do you know the internal diameter of the remaining helical?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin