Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,220   Posts: 1,532,308   Online: 899

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Wanted! Hasselblad 80 f/2.8 C

Hello all,
    My fiancee just got her first Hasselblad 500C and we're looking for a decent condition 80/2.8 for it. The camera came with a 150 f/4 that we would be willing to offer as a partial trade or we'd just like to buy something outright. Please PM or email me (matthewjmorse@gmail.com) or text me (843 345 0186) with what you have with its condition and price with shipping and paypal to 29414 (US Zip code).

Thanks so much!!

Best,
    Matthew
    Ultimately, Photography is subversive, not when it frightens, repels, or even stigmatizes, but when it is pensive, when it thinks. --from Camera Lucida, Roland Barthes

---
    Websites: HeyMatthew.com | Flickr | SeventyFivePointFour
    Cameras: Canon 5D2 | Ricoh GRD III | Fuji Klasse

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Matthew--
    As a longtime shooter of that same camera, I'm going to give you my 2 cents that you may or may not want to hear! When I got my first Hasselblad, the lens it came with was the 80mm. Since then I have acquired many lenses, and have not used the 80mm in the last 6 or 7 years. If I were you, I would DEFINITELY hang onto the 150, it's a great lens. The 80 is something that can be obtained pretty easily and in my opinion is much less useful of a lens. KEH has a bunch right now:

http://www.keh.com/search?store=came...price=0&r=SE&e

Not trying to be preachy or anything, just offering up advice from my point of view. Either way, hope many years of enjoyment come your way via the Hasselblad--sure has been that way for me!
    Adios,
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the advice. We will trade the 150 ilas a last resort if the 80s are selling at a premium. You wouldn't want to sell your unused 80 would you?
    Ultimately, Photography is subversive, not when it frightens, repels, or even stigmatizes, but when it is pensive, when it thinks. --from Camera Lucida, Roland Barthes

---

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 80 isn't worth buying. It was beat up by the studio that it came from! Luckily there are TONS out there, so I am sure you will find one. I keep meaning to buy a replacement for mine, but that would be the collector in me, not the shooter!
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Should you cross the atlantic ocean to come to visit ITALIA i may consider to trade my 80 2.8 for your Sonnar.
    Last edited by faustotesta; 10-13-2010 at 12:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Matthew,

KEH is probably your best bet.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/135/3.5-4.5 AIS, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I will echo Matt's recommendation to keep the 150. Mine produces sharper pictures than my old 80C, or my 250 CF. I use it for about 80% of the pictures I take with that camera. I would offer to sell you my old 80, but I am thinking of selling my newer lenses with a 501CM body since I shoot mostly large format now. I want to keep my old 500CM and my 80 and 150 C lenses.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have 4 lenses for my Hasselblad (for which I paid more than $4000.00, used) and even though I use them all, the 150 is my favorite. You can get a really nice 80mm for under $300.00, so it's not worth it to trade the 150. Your financee might find that she prefers the 150 after having used them both.

I know people who've traded away Hasselblad equipment and regretted it. I would get such a small percentage of what I paid for my Hasselblad equipment that I may as well keep it and enjoy using it. Besides, they make digital backs which fit it. Hasselblad represents the ultimate in upward compatibility.
    Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys. I've actually decided to sell off my Olympus OM-2n kit to help fund a nice 80 for her so she doesn't have to sell/trade her 150. You've all convinced me/her to keep it. I think we'll grab one from KEH sometime this week maybe.

A little off topic, but does anyone have any experience buying BGN (Bargain) equipment from KEH? I'm looking at a lens for myself from there and it's a heck of a good deal for it. I've bought EX/EX+ stuff from them that looked like no human had ever touched it outside of the person who manufactured it. I'm just wondering if maybe their BGN rating was as conservative as their other ratings.

Best,
    Matthew

---

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KEH bargain is a crapshoot these days.
    it used to be there wasn't a better bargain out there because bargain grade were quite clean with NO optical issues

now days bargain can include slight optical defects

if you can swing it at all I'd go ex+
    it all boils down to the luck of the draw with bargain but with ex+ there is little worry if any.
    Last edited by brucemuir; 10-15-2010 at 01:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin