Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,731   Posts: 1,515,255   Online: 828

Thread: WTB Hewes Reels

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB Hewes Reels

I'm looking to buy Hewes reels in both 120 and 35mm formats, but urgently need 120 format reel. If you have any new or used ones for sale, or have spares, appreciate if you could contact me as I'm looking for them (especially the 120). BTW, I'm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

You could PM me or send me an email mansuramir@pd.jaring.my. Thanks.

Mansuriatus Shahrir Amir

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mansur, the Hewes 120 reels are good - but honestly in 120 and 220 any old stainless reel will do. It's the 35mm reels that the Hewes are hands down best for.

In 120 they use the same clip-style design everything else uses.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info Chris.

I do have one 35mm Hewes reels, but need one for spare just in case, but it's not urgent. I have only the generic 120 steel reels, so I'm looking for the 120 Hewes. I note about the similarity of the 120 Hewes reel to the general one, BUT if there are people who have spares and willing to sell, I'm more than willing to buy them, in either formats

I could buy direct from freestyle etc, for example, but for small purchase like this, shipping cost is not practical.
    Last edited by chioque; 11-01-2010 at 03:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Mansur, the Hewes 120 reels are good - but honestly in 120 and 220 any old stainless reel will do. It's the 35mm reels that the Hewes are hands down best for.

In 120 they use the same clip-style design everything else uses.
    While that may be true, I have a far easier time loading the Hewes ones in 120 too. Is it because of the sturdier side wires? The sturdier clip? I have no idea, but for me it's true. I don't blame the OP for seeking out the Hewes 120 reels, especially if it's just one that he needs, so the extra cost isn't that big a deal.

Duncan

Images
    All the reels work for me, but I agree that Hewes are the best currently available—fantastic, really. In old stock, the Nikor reels are in the same class.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin