Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,906   Online: 1162

Shooter
    Multi Format

Student looking for 12x20 film

Hello.

I am a college student who recently purchased a Korona 12x20 camera from a camera collector/friend. I am fairly new to the format having only shot with this camera a few times. I am slightly dismayed at the availability of film for this format. Does anyone have any film buried in their freezer that they are willing to sell?

I have been reading all the threads regarding 12x20 on this site and am super excited to shoot with the camera. I am hoping to be able to photograph some with it before winter truly hits so that I can work out the darkroom kinks this winter.

Thank you so very much.

Brett

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Brett !

Thanks For Joining Us.

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hello Brett,

Welcome ... here is your best bet for some affordable film ... http://www.freestylephoto.biz/191112...ets?cat_id=404

Enjoy the format. I shoot 8 x 20.!

Rick

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you don't want to wait, find some 16x20 photo paper and have some fun with it! I did this recently with 7x17.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Brett

Congratulations on jumping at this format, takes a little nerve - to me, there's the plain 'commercial reason' why there is so little film choice - the small number of shooters - hope you have some decent film holders as they're pretty expensive for this format

best of luck with your new project

andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First of all, congrats on getting the camera, and for deciding to actually use it.

Next, I have an unopened box of Efke 25 12x20 (25 sheets) that I got for my pinhole camera, but do not see myself using any time soon, as I prefer to use this weird old Ilford roll paper in the camera now. The Efke film is expired by a few years, but has always been kept in a 40 - 50 F fridge. The box has some water damage from a condensation drip, but nothing serious that would affect the film, as it is not deep damage, and the film is wrapped in plastic. PM me if you are interested. I am in L.A., CA. A box sells at Freestyle for $188 new. Make an offer.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have one box of fresh 12x20 Ilford HP5+ for sale at my store.

The cost is $364 plus the shipping.

-Rob from www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Brett, I have an old (70s era) box of 12x20 TriX film, 30 sheets or so, that I'd be more than willing to sell to let you get a feel for shooting the camera. The film works well when shot at an EI of 100 or 50 and developed it some 1:4 xtol for about 6-8mins. It'll have some noticeable (and very even) base fog, but nothing that can't be printed through. I've done platinum/palladium prints from it easily.
    This is an image shot with some of the film:
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...imageuser=2057
    PM or email me at me@matthewmagruder.com
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin