Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,509   Posts: 1,598,083   Online: 1084

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB Kodak Process Thermometer Type 3

I'm looking for a used Kodak Process Thermometer Type 3... Let me know if you have one!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a couple of them listed on ebay right now, one for $16(current bid) and one for $92. I have a Kodak 10" color thermometer that is similar, send me a PM if you are interested.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    There are a couple of them listed on ebay right now, one for $16(current bid) and one for $92. I have a Kodak 10" color thermometer that is similar, send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks but i want a Type 3. Ive been watching Ebay and Type 2 used go for $15 to $20 and Type 3 used are going for $25 to $29. New Type 3's are going from $60 to $95, thats crazy!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by J Rollinger View Post
    Thanks but i want a Type 3. Ive been watching Ebay and Type 2 used go for $15 to $20 and Type 3 used are going for $25 to $29. New Type 3's are going from $60 to $95, thats crazy!
    Just a few years ago, the type 3 (used) routinely went for $100 or more. It is the instrument used to calibrate processing systems.

And while the Kodak color thermometer is a nice instrument, it is not the very precise process thermometer. (I have both)
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://silverdarkroom.net
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a type 3 that I paid $50 for on ebay a few yrs ago to replace one I had bought new many years earlier that cracked and broke one day. Whats the difference between the type 2 and type 3?
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yeah, I think even 92 is sorta cheap for what it is, they were not cheap new back in the day. I just only use mine to calibrate my 'working' Patterson ones, which are a lot less money and easier to replace. The last 3 Patterson Color Thermometers I got new were all consistently 1/2 degree F off, my oldest one +7 years was if not spot on to the Kodak was as close as I could make out, so just because they are new doesn't mean they are perfect. I think the value of the Kodak is to use it as a reference tool to calibrate, and in my case I adjusted my times slightly for the batch of thermometers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was lucky to pick up one today on Ebay for $12.60. Thanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Kodak type 3 process thermometer

I have a like new in box Kodak type 3 process thermometer. My grand-father was a professional photogropher for many years through the 1980's in North Carolina. I found this recently while going through the house after my father passed. If anyone is interested please make me an offer. I can be paid through Pay-pal which will protect both buyer and seller. Johnny

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin