Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,157   Online: 844

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

WTB: Pentax Spotmatic - black and fully functional

I want to buy a black fully functional Pentax Spotmatic. Cosmetics are not important.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mainly looking for a body but a body and lens would be fine, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't find one here there's always KEH. They have three right now.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    If you don't find one here there's always KEH. They have three right now.
    Yeah, one will be engraved (Oops! Sorry we forgot to tell you that!) and the other two will be more than they go for on eBay.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Yeah, one will be engraved (Oops! Sorry we forgot to tell you that!) and the other two will be more than they go for on eBay.
    But they will be fully functional. Which you never know about with ebay. Every camera I've bought on ebay for a lot less than KEH needed a CLA or at least refoaming. There goes the savings!
    Using a reputable seller like Henry's or Bergen County Camera on ebay I've made out okay, sometimes better than KEH. KEH does inform of engraving, unless they screw up.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    KEH is usually where I'd go first. But, if you don't mind paying about $150-$170, plus shipping for one, I know where there are a couple that have been fully overhauled. I think at least one of them was recalibrated to 1.5 volts, too.

Camera Clinic, Shoreline, WA - 206-367-2440. Hours are weird. Tuesday-Saturday, 10 am - 2 pm PST.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm

Not guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    But they will be fully functional. Which you never know about with ebay. Every camera I've bought on ebay for a lot less than KEH needed a CLA or at least refoaming. There goes the savings!
    Using a reputable seller like Henry's or Bergen County Camera on ebay I've made out okay, sometimes better than KEH. KEH does inform of engraving, unless they screw up.
    KEH grades purely on appearance. If you don't believe me go ahead and ask them. Oh sure, the film advance will work, the shutter will open, but that's it. I know for a fact they don't thoroughly test cameras. Been burned way too many times by them.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Been burned way too many times by them.
    Your experience seems to be the opposite of just about everyone else.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Your experience seems to be the opposite of just about everyone else.

Steve.
    Kewl. I must be a magnet for bad cameras. I'm happy just about everyone else is happy with KEH but I'll go on warning uselessly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KEH grades purely on appearance. If you don't believe me go ahead and ask them. Oh sure, the film advance will work, the shutter will open, but that's it. I know for a fact they don't thoroughly test cameras. Been burned way too many times by them.
    +1

had such an experience earlier this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin