Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,627   Online: 964

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

WTB Nova Slot Print Processor

Hi guys,

I'm looking for one of these monochrome slot processors as I will soon be losing my current darkroom and will need to move my printing/processing to my bathroom. The 8x10 size processor would be ideal for the small space I believe. I print both RC and fiber if that makes any difference. I'm located in Montreal Quebec. Thanks in advance.

-Kathy
    Last edited by KWhitmore; 01-03-2011 at 10:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: more info

Shooter
    35mm RF
    how about getting a jobo instead? You can do up to 16x20 on it and the price is about the same as the nova for 8x10, plus you can do color if you wanted.
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for your reply vedmak.

A Jobo would be a last resort. I'd much prefer to retain the ability to see the prints as they develop. As for prices, I was under the impression that Jobo units were much more expensive...there are more parts for them as well?

Kathy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You just missed my Trimate by a week, it just went to Russia.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    You just missed my Trimate by a week, it just went to Russia.
    Darn! Guess I'll have to be patient...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One option is to make your own out of plexiglass. You should be able to have a plastics shop fabricate one for not too much money if you don't have the tools to cut the sheets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Trimate model has temp control via heated water jackets, great for color work, or use in a cool DR where ambient temps are hard to maintain. New ones are still being made, but super pricey.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They show up on ebay from time to time (and there is one there now), they sometimes sell for relatively cheap money if the auction doesn't end on a weekend.
    However shipping will add a lot of overhead. It's probably worth a visit to Nova's web site to see what they might have available second-hand. Shipping from the UK to Canada might not be much worse than shipping from the U.S.

For B&W, they are quite a lot nicer to work with than a drum in a Jobo.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you can afford the shipping costs, then this UK site always has a selection of 2nd hand models:

http://www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk/...k/info.php?p=5
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    If you can afford the shipping costs, then this UK site always has a selection of 2nd hand models:

http://www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk/...k/info.php?p=5
    Thanks Steve.

I did check out their used processors first...it's the shipping that frightens me most as far as costs go. What with weight, size, international taxes and duties etc...I would purchase from them as a last resort.

I'm hoping someone here in Canada has one sitting in a closet or basement waiting to be rediscovered/remembered.

Kathy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin