Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,180   Online: 682

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB Canon FD lens hoods

Need lens hoods for 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C. (55mm) and 50mm f/1.4 new FD (52mm). My friend lost the one for the S.S.C. It was plastic, but I would prefer metal if it was ever made. I never had one for the new FD, so I don't know what it looks like.

I have a Canon BT-55 bayonet hood and a Minolta 28mm screw on hood to trade if anyone is interested.

Also, this is a long shot, but I need the lens hood for the 35mm lens on my Nikonos V.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you know what the hood numbers are for these lenses?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a metal BS-55 hood for my 55mm f/1.4 SSC but I use it, sorry. Hopefully the hood model number will help you.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it's any help the earlier metal hoods pre-date the SSC lenses and were intended for the chrome nose lenses the plastic hoods for the breech lock SSC lenses were designated BS 55 too, the hoods for the new type bayonet standard lenses were the BS 52 and were all plastic they are all fairly easy to obtain on ebay.
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Even the BS-52T for 85/1,8 will fit without any vignetting. You need to focus short before turning it the other way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ěyvnd:D View Post
    Even the BS-52T for 85/1,8 will fit without any vignetting. You need to focus short before turning it the other way.
    I think you mean the BT 52, which is the correct hood for the FDn 85mm f1.8 and 100mm f2.8 lenses, the "S" signifies it's a standard lens hood the "T" that it's for a telephoto.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, and BW for wide.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The S.S.C. lens hood I had was a plastic BS-55. I'd like to find the metal one if possible. I guess it is the BS-52 that I need for the later lens.

I have a BT-55 that does not seem to vignette. However, I have not done a stopped-down test. I suppose I could trim it down a half inch or so if needed.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As I wrote 2F/2/F the metal BS 55 hood was made for the chrome nosed pre-SSC lenses and it must be almost forty years since they were manufactures, but if you are patient and keep looking you should find one there are some still about out there.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The metal hoods certainly last a long time though mine needs replacement stoppers as it just slips on and off without any resistance as the little nylon bushings are long gone.

Happiness is...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin