Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,188   Online: 1164

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    nother PM sent

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all for your advice and offers of cameras or sale. I really appreciate it! I'm still weighing my options in terms of what to buy.

Thanks again!

Shooter
    35mm
    If I were spending this much, I would seriously consider buying from KEH and requesting that they do a CLA prior to shipping. That way you get their repair warranty (6 months) and if they find anything seriously wrong, I would assume they would allow you to "return" the camera for a full refund per their normal policy. I've bought several items from them and have been very happy. I've also had two cameras CLA and been very happy with their work.

Just something to consider - save yourself some shipping charges to boot.

Shooter
    35mm
    Have a Rollei T, with removable WLF and the Rollei Prism. F 3.5 Tessar. Includes Rollei close up lenses (+1,+2,and +3), Rollei bayonet lens hood, mirror lens cap, aux Rollei rangefinder focus attachment, some B&W filters. Had a CLA maybe 4 years ago and not used much since. Have some refrigerated 120 film I'll throw in. I also believe the I have the 35MM conversion device for this camera, which you can also have. I also have the Rollei pistol grip, very useful with the prism, and the Rollei bulb flashgun, this latter not so useful these days. I'll price it all at $575 +shipping and that's a very decent price for all the above. In fine condition. jimsberg_04@cox.net .
    Last edited by jimsberg; 02-12-2011 at 02:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added items

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    I sent you an email jimsberg

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Everyone,

I just took a trip down to the local camera store and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Thanks so much for your offers and advice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ags View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I just took a trip down to the local camera store and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Thanks so much for your offers and advice.
    Well, share with us what you got so that we can drool a little.

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    Haha. I didn't intend to be secretive in my last post. Sorry! So here it is: I bought a Planar 2.8F type 2 with case, lens caps, recent CLA and 6 mo warranty for just under $1,000 including tax. It looks like I took a trip back in time 50 years because there isn't a mark on it. Meter still works. I figured it was a great deal because this is what they are going for on ebay, and if I bought one of those, I'd have to probably get a CLA. My brother used to work at the store years ago and the owner, who happened to be there, remembered me. I think they might have had the camera (overpriced in the case) for a while.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You've done very well there, I had my 3.5E (Xenotar) but no meter valued by Rollei (UK) about 8 years ago and they said £750/$1200, and while back in the UK in November was told by a dealer it was still worth that, and that he could sell it easily for that price.

Rollei's, Leica's etc took a big dive in value but prices/values are back up again an you got a bargain.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are still looking, I have a Rolleiflex T (3.5 Tessar lens) with both prism and waist level viewfinders, Rollei lens shade, Rollei close up attachments (nos.1,2,3), Rollei neck strap with excellent leather, Rollei flash (for bulbs), Rolleimeter (rangefinder device that fits on Waist level finder), some B&W Rollei filters, and Rollei Pistol grip. All in very nice condition. $725.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin