Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,226   Online: 891

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ags

Shooter
    35mm

WTB: Rolleiflex TLR

Hi,

I'd like to buy a Rolleiflex TLR. My price is negotiable, but looking to spend $400-800. Anyone have one?

Thanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's not the higher end one you're looking for, but I have a bargain Automat III that I'm looking to sell. See my FS post.
    Last edited by walter23; 02-10-2011 at 10:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Last edited by walter23; 02-10-2011 at 10:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for your post, but I am looking for something a little more high end. I just got hooked on medium format and am looking to upgrade. Good luck with your sale.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's a 2.8D (or C) user for sale at $800 at rangefinder forum. At the $400-$800 range, you should be prepared for something that is cosmetically not optimal and may need a $300 CLA. These still are not cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could look up KEH.

Jeff

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    KEH has a 2.8D for sale for $820 in EX condition. DOes that seem like a good deal? Ive heard KEH is good for lenses because they underrate. However, how are they in terms of camera functionality?

BTW, I am looking to buy from a US seller. Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ags View Post
    KEH has a 2.8D for sale for $820 in EX condition. DOes that seem like a good deal? Ive heard KEH is good for lenses because they underrate. However, how are they in terms of camera functionality?

BTW, I am looking to buy from a US seller. Thanks!
    I bought a Yashica 124G from Keh that is pristine. I also bought a Koni-Omega press camera that turned out to have a non-functioning shutter--no problem. I sent it back and got a full refund and, if memory serves, the shipping cost too. Since then, I've bought several lenses (Nikon and Leica) and a Bessa T from Keh with no problems, and the lenses and camera were all super clean and functioning. The problem with something like a Rollei is that these are old cameras. The ones that look pristine probably haven't been used much and therefore may have dried out lube and gummed up shutters or transport and need a CLA or an overhaul. If the camera is beat up, it may need some of the same work, plus lens alignment. You might want to factor in a CLA, shutter overhaul or transport overhaul ($120-450), depending on what needs to be done. Once that work is done though, unless you are a really heavy shooter, you should be good to go for many years

I think Keh's rating system largely turns on the cosmetics. With a Rollei, it may look good or great, but still have some slow shutter speeds, a sticky self-timer or a squeaky transport. It works, but not optimally. The good thing about Keh is the good service and easy return policy, though. So if you buy the camera, and it is not what you expected, send it back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And, with a camera like this, if it is in great cosmetic shape but has slow shutter speeds, all you need to do is a CLA and you have a really great piece. I would rather buy one that is unused and not working well because of gummed up works than one that has broken parts or nearly worn out parts.

The D seems to run in the range of $600 to $700 on eBay, based on recently finished auctions. If you want to buy one from a dealer or from someone you know to be reputable, this is probably a very good deal. It does look to be a bit high compared to eBay, which seems reasonable given the return policy and their reputation.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    PM sent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin