Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,591   Online: 1142

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ags

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys. I will be more than glad to give you any location/contact info you want through the PM feature here. I just prefer a little bit of anonymity on an open thread like this. Just a personal preference, that is all - didn't mean to step on any toes.

I know the construction of the hewes reels is fantastic, that is why I want them. I figured that I'd ask if anyone had some laying around that they weren't using before I went and bought some retail. Maybe there is someone that went from 35mm to 120 and has extra 35mm reels? I don't know, just thought Id put it out there. Again, just trying to make a deal where myself and the seller would benefit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi ags:

I understand the desire for anonymity, but when you are looking to buy something or sell something or otherwise do something that might affect the location of something, it is really handy to indicate a general location.

Even "lower 48, USA" will make a huge difference to those who might consider a response - there are a lot of members on this New Zealand based forum known as APUG who don't live in the USA.

I think it was reasonable to put this request out there, so you may as well maximise your likelihood of getting a good response.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I have updated my profile to show I am in the US.

Now, who has reels?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ags View Post
    Thanks. I have updated my profile to show I am in the US.

Now, who has reels?
    Sorry, I'm keeping mine

As suggested above, if you don't get any bites here, do send an email to Hewes direct and ask how much they will cost sent from the UK. That's how I bought my last lot of Hewes stuff. You will probably find it works out cheaper than US retail.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thought I might be able to hel as I have 27 35mm, 14 120 and one 220 reels and associated stainless tanks. Only one of the 35mm is a Hewes which is hardly worth the effort on either end of the deal. I prefer the patterson reels although I learned on stainless many years ago. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Guess I ought to list these on the for sale side of things. Bill Barber

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for looking, I really appreciate it.

Gil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi ags,
    I have some Hewes reels both 35mm and 120 that I can sell you. I have to check to see how many I have. The 120 are new and the 35mm are used. I'm guessing six of 35mm and six of 120.
    The 120 reels are new in the box and are marked King Concept, bottom of box says made by Hewes product of England. I'll get back to you on how many i have and the price. Also if it turns out that It's around 12 reels all together you would have to buy at least six.

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    Gil,

I am interested in your reels. I would like four 35mm and two 120. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin