Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,220   Posts: 1,659,571   Online: 602

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB Omega C760 Items

Hello APUGers,
    Recently, the (analog) photo program I run at the College of the Siskiyous received an Omega C760 enlarger as a donation. It was missing a condenser head and a negative carrier, which I have recently found on eBay. I paid for these items personally, since the College is broke.

I'm currently looking for any medium format neg carriers and another lens board. Donations graciously accepted, as I am on a teacher's salary!

The good news is that we have a great analog (and digital) program here in the far northern hinterlands of NorCal and S. Oregon... We offer two beginning darkroom classes and an intermediate one every semester, and they always fill. Students still love to shoot and print 'old school'

Thanks for any help.. The mere existence of this forum really helps out the students

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi.

I have two Omega C760 enlargers, both with color heads, one of the baseboards has the plastic cover coming up (could be glued down, I think). I have the negative carriers including a ANR glass 6x7 carrier that may need one or both glass sides replaced due to small chips that show up on prints (or hey, the students can learn print spotting). If I recall correctly from my Besler 45MXT, there's a place called Focal Point that can supply ANR and clear glass for the carrier at reasonable prices.

I'll be heading from the Olympia area to Santa Rosa in early May and could deliver.

(Do you get the idea my wife thinks one enlarger is enough?)

Oh, by the way ... I'm talking donation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are willing to pay for shipping, I'll give you a Super Chromega 67XL with all the parts except base. 35mm and 6x7 carriers, long column, dichro head. I used to have it bolted directly to the counter. Shouldn't cost more than $40 for parcel post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails omega 001.jpg   omega 002.jpg  
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by T G McKenna View Post
    Hi. *

I have two Omega C760 enlargers, both with color heads....

I'll be heading from the Olympia area to Santa Rosa in early May and could deliver.

(Do you get the idea my wife thinks one enlarger is enough?)

Oh, by the way ... I'm talking donation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    If you are willing to pay for shipping, I'll give you a Super Chromega 67XL with all the parts except base. 35mm and 6x7 carriers, long column, dichro head. I used to have it bolted directly to the counter. Shouldn't cost more than $40 for parcel post.
    Both very generous offers...

Rainphot, I'll happily send you the shipping cost - Paypal?
    McKenna, yes, by all means! Let me know via email when you are coming through.

gilmore@siskiyous.edu

APUG rules

Shooter
    Large Format
    I bought a bunch of NOS negative carriers a few years ago. I think there might something in that pile.

Are you looking for any enlarging lenses? Easels (nothing fancy)?

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Crabtree; 03-09-2011 at 09:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark,
    Thanks for the response. We're good on easels.... could certainly use an 80mm-ish lens.... but any neg carriers for the Omega c760 would be welcomed.

Thanks, everyone.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaems View Post
    Mark,
    Thanks for the response. We're good on easels.... could certainly use an 80mm-ish lens.... but any neg carriers for the Omega c760 would be welcomed.

Thanks, everyone.
    I should have looked first, I know I had several or more carriers for some sort of mid sized Omega, but sure can't find them now. I have a good stack of carriers, but all for 4x5 enlargers.

I do have a 75 f4 El-Nikkor or a 75 f5.6 Komura you could have. The Nikkor is their basic 4 element lens. The Komura is a 6 element and some people speak highly of them, but I have no personal experience using it. Both are in very nice shape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rick (rainphot):
    Package arrived today - haven't had time to even unpack it. I'll get to it this weekend, with any luck. Thanks again for your generosity.. my students were pretty amazed that as stranger from Pennsylvania would do such a thing!
    Good on ya.

Jaems

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My pleasure, and good on you for doing this out of your pocket. BTW, if you need any help putting it together, I can be reached by phone. PM me for the number if you need it.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin