Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,937   Online: 935

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, how did it go; what is it like; how are the pics?
    Geo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far, I'm very happy. The camera certainly lives up to its excellent++ rating and is in beautiful cosmetic condition. I got a great deal on a really nice mint Gossen light meter as well.

I just got back my first roll of film shot on Kodak E100. There is amazing detail and sharpness out of the zeiss planar and the color and aesthetic of the images are terrific. The exposure seems to be spot on as well. I'll know more when I scan the film to a high res file.

Overall, the camera is really a pleasure to use and elegantly designed. It's no wonder the Rolleiflex cameras are so well loved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    >...I just got back my first roll of film shot on Kodak E100...<

Thanks for the report and I'll await the images.
    Geo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sadly, I've just had the camera inspected by Harry Fleenor and there are a number of issues. The transport mechanism needs a complete overhaul and the double exposure does not work, but most seriously there are some chips on the front of the Planar lens along with lens coating deterioration on the back. I would have just paid the extra money for the mechanical problems, which cost a significant amount, were it not for the lens problems. On a fixed lens camera the lens is everything. So, I spoke with Gil and he was good about offering to refund me for the camera, which I will be taking him up on.

Oh well, I guess that's why you have a guarantee when you can't inspect the camera in person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry about the trouble. However, I'm glad to see that Gil is taking care of you.
    Geo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin