Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,507   Online: 1155

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Mamiya 7 II

Looking for a mint condition black Mamiya 7 II with lens. Maybe the 65 or 80 mm.

Something like the one posted here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/806013

Thank you.
    Last edited by filmaesthetic; 04-21-2011 at 07:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I were you I'd get 43mm instead.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The 43mm is great, but I could see how it's not always desirable. It's very....interesting to use. All lenses are top notch.

Good luck with your search, haven't regretted getting the camera yet!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you guys primarily using the 43mm instead of the more standard focal lengths? I was thinking of starting with something closer to standard length and then adding lenses to the kit for specific applications.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 50 was nice but a bit too wide for my taste. I think the 65 is a good all around lens. No external finder required and might satisfy all your needs.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    they are all great, as mentioned. I use the 80 and 43 the most, then probably 65, then 50 or 150, then 210 (least).

btw, that deal on FM was pretty good. Usually the 80 alone sells for $400-ish, and the 7II body for probably $1k+, not counting stuff like the RRS bracket, etc.

-Ed

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If I only want to go out with one lens then I take the 65mm. Two lenses usually means the 50mm and the 80mm. For a long time I only had the 65mm and 150mm and I was very happy just using the 65mm. I will someday buy the 43mm, but usually the 50mm is a bit too wide for me.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I personally love the 43mm, especially in up close situations like rock art, ect (that's what I love to shoot). The 80mm is new to me and I love it so far and then 150mm is definitely a go to as well. The 210mm though, I'm not so partial to. The viewfinder and lack of rangefinder'ing makes it terribly difficult to use most the time.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The one linked is sold now. If you didn't get it I would follow the classifieds on the Rangefinder Forum
    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...ieds/index.php

and oddly enough, the Large Format Forum. I suppose smaller format users moving up in size and selling the old.
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...splay.php?f=27

I see them both places often enough to make it worth looking if you still are.

Then of course there is always www.keh.com and ebay

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I have just such a thing. 7ii with 65mm lens. Incredibly shard, but I have to simplify my life and the mamiya will go. Email me at fixerx@yahoo.com if interested

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin