Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,408   Online: 908

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Old Art-Deco Kodak Densitometer: Model 1, Model RT or 'Color Densitometer'

I'm not sure of all the models that were made, but I'm in the market for one of these old bakelite beauties that is in excellent working condition.

I'll be using it primarily for black & white, but would like to have the option of color. I think that this means I'm looking for an RT or the 'Color Densitometer' model. I'd be interested in hearing about Model 1's as well.

I'd like to pay somewhere in the $30 range (+/-), including shipping. I'd be willing to pay more for a spectacular example with extra's, etc.

Anyways, let me know what you have and we'll work something out. Thanks!
    Last edited by holmburgers; 04-27-2011 at 03:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Shipping could eat up as much as half of your $30 budget. The transformer in those things is not light. Also to keep the bakelite safe a lot of padding is necessary.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good call Jim.

We'll just have to play it by ear, case by case. I really want a clean example and am willing to pay accordingly, but they do come up every once in a while on eBay for less than $40 with shipping included, and I'm on a shoe-string budget.

I'd prefer to deal with someone on APUG though, and "excellent working example" doesn't mean it can't be a little dusty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BUMP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BUMP

If you've got one and my asking price is the issue, don't hesitate to entice me.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There are two on ebay right now at $10
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah I saw those, but I thought maybe they were a little on the junky side...

Have you ever seen one in person?, do you think that they're rugged enough to just need a cleaning at this point?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    No, and from the picture, it looked like it needed to have the power cord replaced. I don't think I would feel safe plugging it in with the one it has. I think PE has one and can answer questions about it.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had one and sold it a while ago. Unfortunately it got destroyed during shipping. I thought I had it well packed, but apparently not. So if you do get one make sure the seller packes it well. Mine worked well, but was not as repeatable as the digital unit I replaced it with. Plus the color filters may have faded a bit so it wasn't great for color work. Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ahh, I wondered about the color filters. I wonder if those could be replaced with the appropriate wratten filter?

So yeah, that's why I'm kind of hoping to find a "closet classic" or something. I'd pay more for a really clean example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin