Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,433   Online: 942

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

WTB: Focusing screen for Mamiya Press Camera

Hi--I'm looking for a focusing screen adapter for a Mamiya Press camera (Super 23, Universal, etc). I'd prefer one with the chimney focusing hood, but will consider any of the models in good working condition. Thanks.

Barry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Still looking. I'd like to calibrate my rangefinder and a ground glass would be very helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wouldn't a piece of ground glass firm against the film rails work?
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think it would, but I'd have to go to the trouble of buying (or making) the ground glass, it would be awkward to hold against the rails of the 6x9 back due to the tensioning rollers, and I wouldn't be able to use it for tilts and swings with the Super 23 bellows back. Maybe this is my cue to start making my own ground glass.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've always just used good ol' scotch tape and wax paper to calibrate....

Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    I think it would, but I'd have to go to the trouble of buying (or making) the ground glass, it would be awkward to hold against the rails of the 6x9 back due to the tensioning rollers, and I wouldn't be able to use it for tilts and swings with the Super 23 bellows back. Maybe this is my cue to start making my own ground glass.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin