Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,200   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info Ralph. I particularly like the argus glass myself and think they are fantastic cameras for the price. Now I've never shot with the C3 but I have a C4 with the 50mm cintagon and the image quality holds up quite strongly to some of my more "collectible" lenses.

Currently my argus has been stripped of the leather since it was very dirty and mangled. I can't believe how beautiful the chrome underneath it is though! wow! I was able to shine it right up and it looks pretty freakin cool

I think my plans are to purchase a dark green leather from cameraleather to replace the old stuff. I was also thinking about having my friend who works at an engraving store print me up a badge on some shiney metal that I will place opposite the argus badge with my grandfathers name "H.F. Adams". He had his name stuck to the back leather using with one of those sticky plastic labels with the beveled white lettering. I'm pretty excited to finish this up. I will post the finish picture when it's done.

As for now...here is an iphone photo of the polished chrome Matchmatic (sorry for the quality, it was taken using one of those photo apps)

Shooter
    35mm
    You think Argus will honor the Lifetime Warranty on yours . . . ;-)

I have not seen any other camera that gives this kind of warranty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hahaha

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a like new Matchmatic, with meter and flash. It's in a case bottom. May have the top someplace. Make offer. Jaykhill@aol.com.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Finished. A friend was able to CLA the camera and re-time the shutterspeeds and I replaced the leather with an emerald color kit from cameraleather.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    And, you just missed their annual gathering in Eden, North Carolina. There are a lot of people there who are willing to share knowledge and help with repairs.
    Who would have thought?? I guess we're just social creatures to look for reasons to gather with those of like mind.

Any other Kodak #3-A Post card camera lovers out there?

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    35mm
    Keystone Camera Co. Boston MA Offered a lifetime guarantee also.
    The building is now apartments.

Francis in VT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin