Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,319   Online: 1048
      
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area (Albany, California)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,257
    Images
    1

    WTB: dark cloth and focusing loupe.

    Looking for function over aesthetics, anyone got either to sell? Thanks.
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,021
    Images
    4
    I will try to scare up an extra loupe for you; I seem to remember a decent one (Peak 4x?) sitting around somewhere in some pile of something at some time. For a focusing cloth, I think lightweight jackets work great, or just two pieces of cloth (one black, one white) sewn together.
    2F/2F

    "Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

    - Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

  3. #3
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area (Albany, California)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,257
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I will try to scare up an extra loupe for you; I seem to remember a decent one (Peak 4x?) sitting around somewhere in some pile of something at some time. For a focusing cloth, I think lightweight jackets work great, or just two pieces of cloth (one black, one white) sewn together.
    That'd be awesome. By Peak loupe do you mean the standard one many people use for viewing slides on a light table? Or is this one specifically used for checking focus on the ground glass of a LF camera. Or does it matter? I'm looking for the latter, preferably one with rubber on the bottom to help prevent scratches on the ground glass. Being a newb with LF maybe any loupe can be used? Thanks....

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,021
    Images
    4
    If I remember, it had a squared-off skirt, which is ideal for focusing cameras. But remember, I have to dig for it first! May take a few days to get to it.
    2F/2F

    "Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

    - Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

  5. #5
    ROL
    ROL is offline
    ROL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    794
    I assume we're talking large format?!? Have you thought about using neither? I don't.

    I use a black (dark colored) windbreaker–rainsuit top (some use a XXXL black t-shirt), with the elastic waistcord snugged around the GG frame of the camera's rear standard, head through the neck (which doubles as, well – a raincoat), This is the functional, multi-use equivalent of the "BlackJacket" darkcloth, which resists getting blown around by the wind. I gave up the focusing loupe long ago in favor of 99¢ store 3.5 diopter (i.e., strong) eyeglasses.

  6. #6
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area (Albany, California)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,257
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    If I remember, it had a squared-off skirt, which is ideal for focusing cameras. But remember, I have to dig for it first! May take a few days to get to it.
    No prob. Thanks. But now you got me thinking I might have one of those deep in a box somewhere too.... :-)

  7. #7
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area (Albany, California)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,257
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    I assume we're talking large format?!? Have you thought about using neither? I don't.

    I use a black (dark colored) windbreaker–rainsuit top (some use a XXXL black t-shirt), with the elastic waistcord snugged around the GG frame of the camera's rear standard, head through the neck (which doubles as a, well – a raincoat), This is the functional, multi-use equivalent of the "BlackJacket" darkcloth, which resists getting blown around by the wind. I gave up the focussing loupe long ago in favor of 99¢ store 3.5 diopter (i.e., strong) eyeglasses.
    Seeing the price of true LF focusing loupes on eBay I might just go that route!

  8. #8
    jmcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    715
    Images
    41
    Hello there. I have a darkcloth in very good shape. It has elastic and velcro on one end; red on the inside, black outside.

    It is 39" x 36". I would ask $18.50 including shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

  9. #9
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area (Albany, California)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,257
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcd View Post
    Hello there. I have a darkcloth in very good shape. It has elastic and velcro on one end; red on the inside, black outside.

    It is 39" x 36". I would ask $18.50 including shipping. Let me know if you are interested.
    PM sent.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin