Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,778   Online: 719

Shooter
    Multi Format

Needed: Take Up Spool for Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super BC

Hi all. I've got a great Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super BC that a friend just gave me but it doesn't have the original take up spool. Does anyone have the correct spool for the camera?

In case no one has one, is it a specialized spool or can I use a spool from another 35mm with removable spool?

Thank you!!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The best option is an original Zeiss Ikon film spool. The next option is a Zeiss Ikon film cassette. Any Zeiss Ikon cassette will fit any Zeiss Ikon camera that uses the keys to remove the back: Contax (all models), Super Nettel, Nettax (35mm), Contaflex (all models), Contarex (all models) and Tenax II. Same goes for the film spool.

You can also refit a standard 35mm spool, but I've found it best to use a Zeiss Ikon film spool.

» Here are instructions on making your own film spool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm using a standard spool at the moment with the film leader taped to it. I'd like an original holder so I dont have to worry about taping it if I need to change film on the go.

Thanks for the information, I'll keep an eye out for what you listed. The link to the instructions for making a spool is great. This looks like a very simple fix for the missing spool problem. I'll probably cut a replacement tomorrow. Thanks again!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin