Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,748   Online: 1074

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hey Holmey:

Just looked in the file cabinet and found a busted Linhof - the springloaded end flaps are broken off and it doesn't have darkslides, but the pressure plates on both sides are fine.

Yours for the postage.

Charley

ps: Just a random thought: 1.20mm glass plates fit easily into these Linhofs. Would sandwitching your screen and film between two plates be a useful technique? I get my glass from S. I. Howard in Worcester, MA. They carry glass down to 0.40mm. They'll cut it to any size you want, and the pieces won't be more than a couple thousandths of an inch off from what you specify. Nice folks, too.
    Last edited by c.d.ewen; 06-15-2011 at 11:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Charley, that's a generous offer (pm pending). Can I put a normal 4x5 holder's darkslide in there? How about the end flaps... any ideas for circumventing that problem?

I think that putting the sheets between glass is a fine idea. I'm wanting this so that I can make screen-plate color photographs. Reading the History of Color Photography and all the myriad methods that people used to put a screen with a piece of screen could fill quite a volume. However, the last paragraph basically says that the simplest & most effective means is just to use a glass pressure plate! So much for fumbling with strange adhesives in the dark...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin