Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 702

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Odd request, a few sheets of 8x10" film

I acquired a Kodak 2D 8x10" camera yesterday and although I'm intending to sell it, I'd hate to not take a few pictures on it.

If anyone would be willing to send me a few sheets of b&w film (less than 5), I'd be really grateful.

Probably more hassle than it's worth to the average person, but if you feel like "helping a brother out", I'd be sure to put in a good word with upper management.

Outdated film is A-OK.

At the very least, maybe you can tell me how to use some 8x10" paper instead.

thnx
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just cut it to fit (about 1/8" off each dimension of 8x10 paper). Use it at ASA3.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is expired ok? B&W only?
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sorry for the quick answer. I was in the middle of a 3 minute exposure onto some Arista Ultra EDU using my 2-D and a Manhattan Optical RR stopped down to around f22. I usually shoot paper on my 2-D (have no 8x10 film at the moment in fact). Much cheaper. Be careful though. Once you shoot with it, you might want to keep it.

The paper won't fit into a holder without cutting about 1/8" off each dimension. Then it will slide right in. I expose it at ASA 3 and process using whatever I'm using for paper at the moment. Usually Ilford MG developer but today some Ilford PQ developer - no idea how old it is but I found the unopened container in my basement and gave it a try. Bit yellow but works fine.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format

You bought the 2D!
    If you decide to part it out and it has the rear extension board. I would be interested in that part.

Did it only come with the Turner Reich lens, or did it have other lenses too?

Jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris,

I have some blue sensitive x-ray film that's double coated. If you're interested I'll let you have some of that.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey guys, thanks for all the responses.

I think I am definitely going to give the paper a try for now.

I'm wanting b&w so I can just do it at home, though the thought of an 8x10" E6 is fairly tempting. The other thing is, I don't have any idea what the speeds are on this old shutter, so paper's long exposures are preferable.

Michael, what size is your X-ray film? I've got some that's kind of an odd size, otherwise I'd try it.

tjaded, let me know if what you've got please.

The other side of this coin is my want to sell it soon to finance something else.. because I fear you're right, the longer I keep it the harder it'll be to let it go!

Oh, one more thing, how are you guy's printing from the paper negs? Approximately how long under an enlarger, contact printing?

Word!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Jose,

I think that I'm actually missing the rear extension, or it never needed one with this shorter lens; a Wolly 8.25" f/4.5

It just has one hinge/fold.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Shhh. Don't tell anyone. I scan mine, clean them up in photoshop and then have them printed by a lab.

Here's the 3 minute exposure from this afternoon. When you're playing with paper, watch the contrast - paper doesn't behave like film.

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails manhattan optical RR.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very cool, I don't know how that didn't occur to me.. haha.

Last night, just for fun, I made a "lumen" print (for lack of a better word). Meaning, I just exposed it for a long time and let it darken naturally by the light w/o development of any kind. I pointed the f/4.5 lens at a 60 watt bulb (through a cool lamp shade) and exposed it for nearly 3 hours. You could just see the outline of the bulb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin