Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,596   Online: 1078

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

WTB: Empty 100 ft 35mm bulk film spools

Need some for some bulk loaders.

Anyone got any to sell?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang,
    if you don't get any bites hit me back if you get desperate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Empty 100' film usually comes on a shaft without sides. Is this what you want / expect?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can think of 4 common choices here:

-- 1 inch diameter plastic film core, with square keyed hole, no sides
    -- 2 inch diameter plastic film core, with 3/4"-ish open hole, no sides (used with split reels)
    -- 3 inch diameter plastic film core, with 3/4"-ish open hole, no sides (used with split reels)
    -- "Daylight load" 100 foot metal film spool with square keyed hole, full sides

Still camera film generally comes packed on the first one, except for Fuji which usually seems to come packed on the 4th one. Long Kodak cine film comes on the 2nd and 3rd ones, while the 100 foot lengths intended as direct camera loads come on the 4th one. I have yet to figure out how to reload film on the first kind. All the split reels I've ever seen are for dealing with cine film on the plastic cores with the big hole; the split reel itself has a hub with the square keyed hole. Without sides, even the temporary kind provided by split reels, there's just no good way to spool the film onto that little core.

Duncan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin